Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Fault in our Stars

The Fault in our Stars is a currently popular book by John Green. The Hazel name comments are overflowing with comments about the book. Since it is so popular and now a movie, you can talk about it here. No other books or movies allowed! Talk about what you liked and didn't.

I thought TFIOS was okay. I liked the movie better than the book. I hated the book at first, but I sort of like it now.
    Teenberry. Ravenclaw. Age 16. INTP. Writer. Christian. Taurus. No kids, just baby name obsessed.
    PHOENIX
    Sorry for all the typos. My keyboard has problems working sometimes.

I just read the book and I'm not planning to watch the movie anytime soon. I did like the book fairly well but there were parts I wish could have been left out and the language was a bit too much for me.
    Last edited by caritas; August 4th, 2014 at 03:01 PM.
    Credo.
    The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.Flannery O' Connor

Maeve Aislinn ✠ Susannah Eilidh ♥ John Dermot ✠ Seamus Oliver
    Brigid Amélie ✠ Genevieve Coyne ♥ Hugh Emmet ✠ Leo Thomas
    Orla Juliet ♥ George Peter ✠ Dominic Éammon ✠ Tadhg William
    Cecilia Niamh ✠ Máire Lucy ♥ Benan Padraic ✠ Austin Paul
    Greta Magnolia
    Caritas Veritas.

I liked both. They're not favourites or anything, but I did like them. I thought the actors were rather strong and spot on, though a few lines by... someone (maybe Isaac or another character? Can't remember) were a little off.

POPPY | EIRA | ASTRID | JUNO
    Annie - Edith - Eva - Greta - Ingrid - Jane - Sunny
    Asteria - Dorothy - Evangeline - Gwendolen - Gwyneira
    Annavieve - Juniper - Olympia - Rosemary - Selena - Valerie
    you look lvely today
    WALTER | VINCENT | THORIN | SINDRI
    Altair - Atlas - Augustus - Austen - Caspar - Cassian
    Christian - Donovan - Edmund - Elliot - Hiro
    Julian - Leo - Martin - Orion - Theo
    Please Vote

I LOVE the book but the movie was... Well a good movie but I seriously think casting Ansel Elgort was a mistake. I don't dispute the fact that he's hot and good looking but he is nothing like what I imagined Augustus to be and I just couldn't believe in him having cancer.
    The movie cut out a LOT of the scenes immediately before Gus died and the ending was very stuffed up. I hated the fact that Kaitlyn wasn't in it and that Van Houten came to Gus's funeral to give Hazel the letter- it was just cheesy.
    Also it didn't end with I do, Augustus, I do- nooooo!
    Just another teenberry namelover

~Viola Jane~ ~Seren Elspeth~ ~

~Caspian~ ~Emlyn~ ~Elian~

Quote Originally Posted by peachyowl View Post
    I LOVE the book but the movie was... Well a good movie but I seriously think casting Ansel Elgort was a mistake. I don't dispute the fact that he's hot and good looking but he is nothing like what I imagined Augustus to be and I just couldn't believe in him having cancer.
    The movie cut out a LOT of the scenes immediately before Gus died and the ending was very stuffed up. I hated the fact that Kaitlyn wasn't in it and that Van Houten came to Gus's funeral to give Hazel the letter- it was just cheesy.
    Also it didn't end with I do, Augustus, I do- nooooo!
    As a fan of Divergent, I thought the casting for TFIOSF was a bit awkward. Any Divergent fan knows Shailene and Ansel played siblings in the movie, so it was weird for them to be lovers in this one. I immediately noticed there was no Kaitlyn,and wonder why not seeing as the story had very few characters to begin with.i didn't realise how much was left out until I reread the book.
    Teenberry. Ravenclaw. Age 16. INTP. Writer. Christian. Taurus. No kids, just baby name obsessed.
    PHOENIX
    Sorry for all the typos. My keyboard has problems working sometimes.