Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    I'm 31, but I LOVED reading and writing and my mom's old baby name book when I was 12. I loved finding new names in the books I read and then looking up their meanings. I was 12 in 1993, so I especially loved names like Victoria and Anastasia and Alexandra. I didn't know ANYONE with names like those, because I was born in 1981 alongside an entire generation of Elizabeths and Jessicas and Ashleys and Sarahs and Lauras and Kristens, and those names seemed so much more glamorous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ktook76 View Post
    12, 20 or 50. As long as you have something interesting to say and share then I don't care how old you are! Trolls come in all ages too, i might add.

So adding to the "when I was 12" theme.... . My favourite names are definitely from books I read. The two that stand out are Jessica and Elizabeth from the Sweet Valley High books. Before there was a TV series on the books! Also names like Caitlin, Tabitha, Kara all spring to mind. As I was an Australian girl growing up on American novels, my taste definitely reflected that style. I was also a budding ballerina, so always wanted to name my first daughter Odette. Didn't happen......I married a conservative naming man!! So compromise was Alice for our first girl .
    Oh my god, Sweet Valley High. You just made my night.

I think at 12 I was really into the name Esme from some prep school books I was reading, and Meg from the Madeline L'Engle books.
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

I'm 12 x 2 (+6, lol). When I was 12, I'd decided that I would have twins named Lily Madeline and Miles Andrew. I thought they were such unique names, as I had never met a Lily or a Miles IRL. Too bad they are so popular now
    Favorites: Archer * Harrison * Simon
    Annabel * Celia * Mira * Caia

Proud mama to Simon Alexander, born July 24, 2014

At twelve, i liked Amber Lucia as a combo and Belle Victoria. Individual names I liked also were Claudia, Min and Ariel. My tastes have matured a lot since then, thankfully! That was thirteen years ago haha :-)
    I'm really loving

~Lorelei ~ Clarissa~ Victoria~ Rose~ Miranda~ Faith~ Hope~Honor~ Eve~ Abigail~ Harriet~ Agatha ~Charlotte

Sebastian ~ Maxwell ~ Adam~ Oliver~ Hugo~ Theodore~ Luke~ Milo

I only recently got into names a little over a year ago when I decided to change my own name, so I was never really into names like that. I just gradually knew that I didn't like my own. There were a few names that caught my attention though. For a short time I liked the name Carmen for some reason, I don't remember why. My brother used to play Kindom Hearts and I fell in love with the names Kairi, Sora, and Riku when I heard them. I still think Carmen's pretty but I don't really like it anymore. I still love Kairi, Sora, and Riku though! Especially Sora and Kairi!

Trolls can be people of any age. Not only 12 year olds. I also hate when some of the people up here generalize people my age. My tastes in names are usually "out there"(nature names, word names, very uncommon names, etc.), and apparently it's because of my age and that I'm trying to be unique and "stand out". And that I'll grow out of it or something. Idk. I don't know if you've seen people saying things like that but I find it very annoying! So I understand what you mean. I just wanted to say that I don't think all of the preteens up here are trolls.
    nineteen & renaming myself soon