Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I like Larkin the best with your daughters name.
    Theodore Arthur

Mischa - I find it too cutesy to have it with Marlo
    Micah - same with Mischa
    Hadley - I love this name. I don't think it's getting too popular, but I don't think it sounds good with Hesper.
    Tamsin - I agree, I hate Tammy.
    Rowan - I adore this name. I think it goes with Marlo just fine.
    Larkin - I love this as well. nn Larke? Larke is soo beautiful.

My favorite is Larkin!

Good luck!
    All the best,
    Shannon

Charlotte Noelle
    Baby boy due February 16th, 2013

What about :

Darby Hesper (name of a baby I used to nanny)
    Rylin Hesper
    Ellery Hesper
    Rory Hesper
    Tyler Hesper
    Nora Hesper
    Riley Hesper
    GL!
    Love,
    Ivy

i really like Larkin the best! Tamsin could be a Tamsie or Taz, also.

Norah, Ellory/Ellery are both nice too. Meredith is a great non-frilly but longer name for a girl, which i like too.

Thanks so much to all of you for taking the time to respond - I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to get back to this thread. I was so interested to see that the majority of you preferred Larkin. I’m unsure about this name - on paper, it’s my favourite of the lot…but somehow it doesn’t feel like the ONE. This baby seems to need a slightly gentler name, though I’ve always preferred very strong names for girls. From our original list, Mischa is the name that gets closest to the feeling I’m after, but we’d prefer to avoid matching M names...and it doesn’t quite grab me. Hadley has been taken off our list.

Amandas1536 & spicemama - Stella is also a name I LOVE, but it is my mum’s name…and we can’t use her name without using the other grandmothers’ name…which is Barbara. Not happening. Though we did joke about combining them and calling her Barbarella. (spicemama, I think you are right that we have similar styles - I love your kids names!!)

tk., you make a good point about Tammy being a nn from another generation…but still I fear it. The hatred runs deep. I’m not sure if I want to be the kind of mom who insists people use only approved nns.

From among the other suggestions we liked Sloane, Veda, Meridith, Faye, and Ellery…but still, nothing is really grabbing us. It’s so different from last time when we both found names we absolutely loved. This time we just feel kind of…meh. Which is awful, I want to find a name I love for this child.

Thanks again for your thoughtful responses - every few days I read through them again, to see if/how my perceptions have changed. You never know, maybe the perfect name is in there already