Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Haha I was thinking about this on tuesday night too! 'The New Normal' makes me cry pretty much every week...

Since age 11, I had always had the image in my mind that I would grow up and have 3 boys. Since the day I found out I was pregnant I just had the feeling that everything would go the way I had dreamed about for so long. Obviously I waited until I learned for sure that I was right, but for some reason I just never really assumed having a girl was an option for me (even though I know that makes no logical sense). I love boy names and struggle with girl names. I will gladly leave it up to my sister to raise daughters.

My dad travelled for work when I was young so I spent most of my life with just my sister and my mother. I have one unmarried aunt and she has a daughter. My grandmother has been divorced twice. Essentially, the only boys we've ever had in our immediate family were the pets, haha. We pretty much have the female end of the spectrum covered. I think everyone was secretly hoping for a boy.

I definitely knew I wanted to have a boy first. I'd always envied the older brothers that so many of my friends had growing up. If I am completely honest with myself, I've never wanted a girl and I still don't think I ever will (except during lamenting walks though the baby clothes section... those tutus are cute). I know I would have been disappointed if I found out I was expecting one the first time around, even though you aren't supposed to care. If I have another child, I don't think I will have as strong a preference since at least I'll have gotten the "order" that I always wanted, but I still have that "Home Improvement" picture of 3 sons in my head. =]

I think I kind of got it in my head that having a boy wasn't an option for me! Not only did I have a girl's name picked out, I had another name in mind for her little sister I knew I'd eventually have. I had several boy names I liked, but it was kind of a scramble after the ultrasound. I felt like there were all these signs too. Being vegan at the time of conception meant a higher chance of a girl. I had intense morning sickness, which can be linked to carrying a girl. I had dreams it was a girl. My friend even sent me this Chinese chart and according to the info I plugged in, it even said girl. I know some of this is far from scientific and "more likely" doesn't mean "absolutely" but still, I thought the evidence was stacked up enough that I wound up having to go back and change all the pink stuff on my registry.

I had a slight preference for a girl, I think it was just because I thought I would have an easier time relating to a girl, but when I found out I was having a boy I wasn't disappointed. It just seemed right and I was thrilled. Now I can't imagine it any other way. I have the sweetest, cuddliest, silliest boy in the world and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

We're about to start trying again, and this time I really don't have a preference. Being a boy mom has been awesome. That being said, your kids personality isn't tied to their gender and there is no reason to strictly adhere to any gender rules. Being a mom of girls or a mom of boys doesn't guarantee any particular experience.

Part of me is hoping if/when I have another, it will be a girl, but part of me is thinking how much less stuff I'll need to buy, both in the beginning and over the years, if I just have boys.

I found out with #1 and #2 and now I am considering waiting for #3.
    I was on cloud 9 when #1 was a boy
    I was scared when I found out #2 was a girl- I really wanted a girl but my husband insisted on another boy so much I thought he would be mad or treat her differently. Everything turned out fantastic and he is wrapped around her pretty little finger!
    I may have a repeat cs with #3 so it will be more exciting to find out the gender of the baby vs the worry of the cs.
    Proud Mama to Dylan Daniel & Eve Sofia
    favored names: Penelope Farrah Luca
    Caleb Ethan Farris Luke Lukas Luka