Names Searched Right Now:
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yolo199 View Post
    Ellen- because of Ellen DeGeneres
    Personally, I wouldn't say that Ellen Degeneres is the worst association, she's such a lovely person and very inspirational.
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel

Isabella was in the top ten in 2004, before Twilight came out. I would have such popularity would have ruined the name for such name fans.
    Anyway yes Anastasia was ruined by you know which books. also Christian was ruined by... someone I know he cheated on his wife.
    David was the first name of a lousy teacher. For some reason none of my other teacher's first names ever were ruined for me. Although it took me a long time to get to any name starting with Sue. Maybe in time...

I just thought of more-

All the names of the teen mom kids
    (Jace, Sophia, Aubrey)

Fallon - There was a girl named that on the bad girls club, definitely not my favourite person.

Mason & Penelope- The Kardashians (shudder)
    Girls:
    Brenna, Coraline, Cordelia, Elodie, Francesca, Gianna, Helena, Ingrid, Margaret, Marilyn

Boys:
    Alaric, Griffon, Ivan, Joesph, Kenneth, Lucian, Nero, Orion, Phillip, Samson

Ruby was stating to grow on me, but if you are from Italy you can't help but associate it with Berlusconi and sex scandals. Oh and Twilight kind of made me dislike Isabella/Bella as well, plus in Italian it's literally "beautiful", and rude men shouts it in the street to you to impress you, maybe even whistling. Not something I'd wish for my future -far away- child.

Also, should I be glad that my family has very pretty names or be mad at them because I can't use them anymore?
    Irene; Name lover in her twenties; single; Languages student by day, writer by night.

Current favorites, not in order:
    Emily - Evelyn - Hadley - Alice - Emma - Olivia - Zoey - Greta - Eden - Jezebel - Zelda - Anna - Charlotte
    Ethan - Adam - William - Peter - Harvey - Galen - Kenneth - Kieran - Theo - Zander - Daniel - Ezra - Gabriel - Blake

The National's Names List

Peculiar Italian Names for Girls

It used to be Sarah/Sara when I was at school, and every Sarah that I met was a pain. Since leaving school though I've met enough nice Sarah's to consider that name neutral again. Sara is still on the 'Do Not Use' list though. She was a piece of work.

Lauren - Used to love this name, but every Lauren I met brought a new negative association with them
    Patrick - My sister's ex
    Thomas - An ex
    Isla, Isabel - Friends have given their babies these names, so I consider them off limits
    Zachary - My fiance HATES this name with a passion due to a childhood nemesis. Therefore it's now off limits for any future children :-(
    Charlotte, Clara, Cordelia, Clarice, Caleb, any other 'C' name - Can't use because of surname
    Rose, Jago, Hugo - The 'o' sound clashes with surname
    Last edited by novaberry; July 6th, 2013 at 10:03 PM.
    My Top 10 Girls Names: Astrid, Elara, Evelyn, Hannah, Hester, Lorna, Megan, Ophelia, Sylvia, Tabitha
    My Top 10 Boys Names: Alistair, Andrew, Graeme, Hamish, Leopold, Martin, Peter, Rupert, Tobias, William
    Guilty Pleasures: Athena, Aurelius, Damaris, Digory, Hermione, Isis, Phineas, Loki, Myrtle, Nymeria, Nyx, Orion