Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Way too many to mention.

I love the name Lauren but I have really disliked every Lauren I've met (sorry to all the Laurens on the forum)...

Rowan / Rohan, Glenn, Andrew / Drew and Sean / Shaun have been ruined by particular people I know as well.

Miles is getting way too popular in my social circle, as is Charlotte.

Toby and Quinn have been used as pets names and thus lost their appeal to me.

DP refuses to consider Wesley thanks to the irritating character on Star Trek (and even changing to Westley a la The Princess Bride doesn't help). A friend has also ruined the name Saskia for me - I won't tell you what he likened it to as I don't want to put others off but it's all I think pf now.

I was never a fan of the Ella or Bella names thanks to a horrid association, buf Twilight finished it off.

I agree about Lola - I like Lila, Leila and Layla but Lola carries too much cultural baggage between Lolita and Copacabana.

Then there's the names used by family, friends and exes...

Myra - used to love it, but then my British grandfather told me about an infamous Myra over in the UK, and that put me off the name completely.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

Thanks for permanently ruining Naomi for me. lol.

Pop-Culture:
    Isabella/Bella

Bad association to a specific person:
    Lauren
    Jason

Name of a friend/family I wouldn't want to specifically honor:
    Phillipa
    Roberta
    William
    Maximillian
    Elliott
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

Leila-An awful girl I knew in college.
    Michele-An awful girl from high school.

When I was about ten, and a young name nerd. I was given a baby doll as a gift. I fell in love with the name Cullen. Five years later Twilight came out and that went to the birds.
    The Future Littles:
    Delaney Lynne, Mallory June, Bridget Victoria, Rachel MarloweBrandon Erich, Daniel Kent, Nolan ____

I really used to love Charlotte but I had talked about using that name with an ex awhile back. Plus it's too popular now anyway.

I've noticed i feel uncomfortable potentially using names that i have previously been set on using in the future with an ex. Lame but true :-/
    proud aunt to
    Liam Joseph (b. 5/8/2006)
    Aurore Brynn (b. 10/13/2012)