Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Oh ok, good! I'm in love with your other boy names too, haha.
    (Plus, getting to type these names out during the evolution of your posts just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, like I'm reconciling with old friends). So then what I think I'm seeing here... Perseus is still the winner? I mean you've gotta hand it to him, he was Awesome. Also thought I mentioned it before but Roland should 100% be up for middle name consideration. =]

Theron < Theseus < Perseus

I will be sad to see Theron go, but I understand.

Perseus, I love. He fits right in with the other boys, and how cute is nn Percy?? And I immediately pounced on Castor. The Castor/Pollux connection was instantaneous; I did not even think of Castor oil! I am a huge fan of this name.

Also love Damon, but you should know he's one smoking hot third of the Vampire Diaries love triangle, so unless you're going for the bad boy image, I'd steer clear.

Veto points go to Hector, Hylas, Priam (Prius is all I hear, and people LOVE to hate on that car), Icarus (agree with Blade on the myth), and Pythias (When I say this aloud, I feel like I'm spitting it out. Like Pythooee, you know?). Also, if the myth is what appeals to you in Jason, why not Odysseus?

Suggestions:
    Androcles (do Aesop's Fables count as mythology?)
    Atlas - My husband thinks this is literally too heavy for a child, but I'm in love with it. In addition to the powerful myth, there's the explorer connotations!
    Silvanus - Definitely brings to mind images of deep woods all bright and shadowed
    Evander - son of Hermes, credited with founding Rome, the Greek alphabet, and the pantheon
    Andreus - son of the river Peneius
    Thurston - Norse, meaning "Thor's stone"
    Vertumnus - god of the seasons (the Tumnus part is totally appealing to the Narnian freak in me!)
    Caspar - one of the Magi as well as a Mayan god-king
    Hyperion - god of watchfulness, wisdom, and light, Titan and astronomer, father of Selene, Eos, and Helios
    Argo - the ship in which Jason and the others sailed on their quest for the Golden Fleece
    Remiel - one of the seven archangels, who shepherds souls to heaven and brings divine visions. Angel of hope, mercy, and compassion
    Perun - Slavic god of thunder, lightning, and rain who ruled from the World Tree
    Cernunnos - the horned god of nature, takes the form of a stag
    Siliniez - Polish woodland god to whom moss was sacred
    Vidar - son of Odin who avenges his father's death at Ragnarok. I love the meaning: "forest warrior"
    Ampheon - musician and husband of Niobe; charmed stones to build fortifications for Thebes
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

amydomsmom: Thank you! I really love Perseus!

sleepysessha: Theron will just be moved to the middle spot. I had no idea there was a Damon on that tv show (I haven't really paid attention to it). Odysseus is amazing, I thought maybe too much for a child? Or maybe not... Of your suggestions I love and will consider Evander, Remiel and Hyperion (how could I forget about this one?). I also love Atlas, but I can't use it. Punished to carry heaven on his shoulders for all eternity? Perun is cute as a button, but I think of prunes and I hate those. Argo is fantastic, I might rethink this. I just don't want people to think I named my kid after the movie (although it was amazing). Vertumnus is great too, but there's this painting of him that has constantly freaked me out since I was really little.

Boyfriend said no to Hector and Jason (because of Eric Bana and Jason Isaacs...). So list is:

Castor
    Perseus
    Theseus
    Gawain
    Faramond
    Hyperion
    Remiel
    Odysseus

Argo?
    Last edited by ottilie; November 28th, 2012 at 02:21 PM.

I personally think Odysseus is just as wearable as Jason, just less mainstream (and therefore more appealing!). He fits so well with the rest of your boys' names!

I like Perseus over Theseus...but I'm terribly biased. I never liked Theseus even when I was a kid, lol. I still remember my glowering 7-year-old disapproval when I found out he just let Dionysus take Ariadne (after all that!)

I hadn't even thought of the movie Argo, so some people may not make the connection. It's up to you though. I do love the sound of it, sort of a rugged strength.

You're always so inspiring, Ottilie! Talking names with you really gets my creativity flowing ^_^
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Castor - I actually really like this! Very nice sound and options for nn's. It has a playfully elegant feel for me.
    Perseus - I like this but don't love it. After Harry Potter Percy will always have a vaguely soft feel to me, but I do like the myth. And Percy Jackson is a lot of fun--reviving the myths.
    Theseus - I like it, but it has a very serious/heavy feel for me. Maybe because of the sound but maybe because of it's similarity to thesaurus.
    Gawain - I think this is a more familiar character. I like it, but don't love it. The sound just isn't as attractive to me as some of the others.
    Faramond - this is gorgeous! the Fara part feels rather feminine to me, but it really is a fabulous name. I was just introduced to Faraday a few days ago, and I love that one as well!
    Hyperion - the sound is great, but I think the "hyper" part would be very distracting to people (especially children) hearing the name for the first time who weren't aware of it's history
    Remiel - love this one! unique but lovely with a great sound
    Odysseus - not as attractive as some, makes me want to nn Odi!
    Argo - interesting, though with the recent movie people might connect your choice to that.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin