Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    tk: I pronounce Hector HEK-tuh, no -r ending (british!). I love Theseus too, but Ariadne just made a possible return to my girl list, so I don't know.

dindlee: thank you, that's so sweet. I think Perseus is pretty cool! Lysander is a bit frilly for my taste though...

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    tk: I pronounce Hector HEK-tuh, no -r ending (british!). I love Theseus too, but Ariadne just made a possible return to my girl list, so I don't know.
    Well, that sasses it up quite a bit, so just disregard my comment
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

Ok Ottilie, before I comment... I like what you did with the girls but your boy names are pretty perfect so don't get too distracted from your already awesome list.

Damon and Hector have always been favorites of mine, so I really want to love them for you, but in this case I fear that they are not as lyrical as what you're looking for. Same with Jason. Maybe better as middles? Adonis, Castor and Pollux are probably not usable. You have plenty of better namesakes than Icarus and Priam. Hylas and Pythias are rather nice, but Perseus is fantastic!!
    He is the clear winner of this round, haha.

For what it's worth, I like Theseus much better than Ariadne and I was glad that Blade suggested it. =]
    Last edited by amydomsmom; November 27th, 2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: grammar, whoops

But he ABANDONED Ariadne! Ok, so Dionysus fell in love with her, and they got married and all, but still.

My favourites are Perseus, Jason (maybe mostly because of the myth though. He was super awesome!), Pythias and Hector. And Roland and Faramond.

I'm only replacing Theron, no one else. I'm seriously in love with all my four boy names.

The Names I like:
    Hector
    Perseus
    Hylas

The Names I'd cut (if I didn't list a reason it's because I agree with a reason given in a pp):
    Adonis, Castor, Damon (I always first read Demon and then think of the Vampire Diaries), Icarus, Jason (I think this is a little tame in comparison to your other choices), Pollux, and Pythias (too close to Python in my accent).
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...