Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Names you wish were unisex.

I just started a thread over in the boys name section about some good friends who are seriously considering the name Savannah for their new son. They love the name and the nickname 'Van', but for some reason don't like it on girls.

Personally I don't think Savannah is all that feminine, and even if it was it's not a bad thing.

Either way, It got me thinking, are there names you wish you could use on either gender without needing to explain?
    Tallulah, Persephone, Eris, Saskia, Natasha, Zhanna, Matthias, Andreas, Dean, Isaac, Jude, Christopher, Caleb, Victor, Fabian, Skyler, Dexter, Cecily, Alannah, Savannah, Hester, Britta, Xanthe, Temperence, Violetta, Anton, Anatoly, Maksym, Ilya, Raphael, Gabriel, Xanthe, Carmen, Electra, Dahlia.

Elijah and Nehemiah, are both names we would love to use for girls...
    Landon, and Scott would be cute on girl's too...

Friends of ours named their daughter Jacob, call her Jake. I don't like that for a girl, but to his or her own...

Maximilian, most actual boy names for girls like Elijah, etc. Some more feminine names like Scarlet, Trinity, etc for boys. I think pretty much all words/places/gems/nature names are unisex, but some "work' better on others but to say for example Rose is a girl name really isn't true it's by default unisex. It might work better on a girl, and used more often on girls yes.

Others I love are Saoirse for a boy, as well as Autumn, Oliver for a girl.
    Current Favorite Names
    ♀ Denver : Maleficent : Tigerlily : Wednesday
    ♂ Brooklyn : Clyde: : Disney : Elias : Galilee : Juniper

Payson for a boy!
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

Not sure if this is what you mean, but I wish there was a girl's name with the obvious nickname Drew.
    Mom of Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and expecting Andrew Lawrence