Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    If I mention anyone's name or name crush in this post, I'm so sorry. These are just my personal associations.

Names that have unflattering meanings: Cecilia (blind), Claudia (lame), Cameron (bent nose). They irk me, because it feels like the parents didn't care enough about the naming process to do their research. This applies to unfortunate nicknames as well: Dick. Nuff said.

Cross-gender names. Sorry. I can do unisex, but being a girl myself with a decidedly boys' name, I just cringe for little girls named Jared and Micah and Dylan and Emerson or boys named Meredith and Dana and Ashley (I do understand that these were traditionally male names that were stolen by the girls, but most people don't know that, and a male Ashley is going to have like six female Ashleys in his school, so he's going to get teased just the same).

Names that seem overly trendy and/or over-the-top "edgy". Inspektor being a good obvious example. Also Kale (really? She does realize her child is one day going to ask her why she essentially named him Lettuce). Cain, Bandit, Rocket, Rebel, Breaker, Crash (just asking for punishment in the terrible twos); the -aydens; Jax/Dax/Pax, Xenon, Jaxon, Lennox, X-etera; McKenzie, McKinley, and the other Mickeys.

Names I have taken an irrational dislike to: Beatrix (I don't understand the attraction, it just seems so harsh to me), Clementine (it's a fruit, and a caterwauling old western), Imogen (I honestly don't have a good reason for this one...it just rubs me wrong), Remus/Lemuel/Rufus etc (where I'm from these names are too frequently found on slimy, gap-toothed rednecks for me to be able to appreciate their rugged history), Elliot (I think it's because of the villain in a book I read...I just forever see the whites of crazy eyes when I hear this name O.o).
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Angelica, Johanna, Kareesha (and similar names), Deanna, Heaven, Sky, Diamond, Nevaeh, Apple, Blue...

I feel sorry for so many kids for what their parents named them...

I always thought Mildred was the worst name ever when I was a child. Haven't grown out of that opinion. I'm also going to echo the previous poster with my dislike for Diamond and Precious.

Some names I agree with that pp mentioned:
    Veronica (it’s nicknames are really horrible, but the full name sound bugs me too)
    Maverick
    Jayden (and cousins)
    Nevaeh
    Penelope
    Brandy
    Chastity
    Destiny
    McKenzie

I'm not sure there are any I can add...

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysessha View Post
    Names that seem overly trendy and/or over-the-top "edgy". Inspektor being a good obvious example. Also Kale (really? She does realize her child is one day going to ask her why she essentially named him Lettuce). Cain, Bandit, Rocket, Rebel, Breaker, Crash (just asking for punishment in the terrible twos); the -aydens; Jax/Dax/Pax, Xenon, Jaxon, Lennox, X-etera; McKenzie, McKinley, and the other Mickeys.

Names I have taken an irrational dislike to: Beatrix (I don't understand the attraction, it just seems so harsh to me), Clementine (it's a fruit, and a caterwauling old western), Imogen (I honestly don't have a good reason for this one...it just rubs me wrong), Remus/Lemuel/Rufus etc (where I'm from these names are too frequently found on slimy, gap-toothed rednecks for me to be able to appreciate their rugged history), Elliot (I think it's because of the villain in a book I read...I just forever see the whites of crazy eyes when I hear this name O.o).
    Ha ha ha! Did you make up Xenon and X-etera or do you really know people with those names? Please tell me you made them up. I don't think I can go to sleep thinking these are names that an actual child has to live with. On another note, I'm with you on all your irrational dislikes (especially Beatrix -- I just don't get the "x"; Beatrice, I think, is beautiful, but Beatrix ... I don't know just sounds wrong), except Elliot. I love Elliot! Not for myself ... but in general as a name.