Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    I would and did! My daughter's name is Elizabeth but I can't stand the nickname Liz! Thankfully Elizabeth has many more nickname options than just Liz though
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

We plan on using Penelope and Elinor while I hate Penny and Ellie. I just plan on a no nicknames for as long as I can.
    Sara Beth Cook wife to Ross Allen Cook 03.11.06
    Mama to Lilla Clare 12.05.09 and Vivienne Grace 03.16.12
    DH Currently Deployed will be TTC #3 Winter 2014
    Sylvie | Rosalie | Cecily | Eleanor | Isobel | Rufus | Jasper | Graham | Rupert

I like Benjamin but I also don't like Ben. I do quite like Benji or Jamie.

i'm the same with Bradley I don't like Brad but I quite like Lee as a nickname.

I think I would if I REALLY loved the name. I do adore Alex, but even if I didn't my absolute LOVE for Alexander would outshine. I feel this way about Patrick. I would adore to have a little Patrick, but Pat, Rick, Paddy, Patch, etc. all make me shudder.

Like many others have said, if you (and the child) keep insisting on Benjamin others will follow. I think a lot of people assume insisting means stopping everything and correcting people, but really it just means continuing to call the child/yourself by the name. I CONSTANTLY get called Jess, and it really took only a few weeks of calling myself Jessica, writing it at the top of papers, etc. for people to catch on and go with Jessica too. I'm sure if little Benjamin has "Benjamin" written on his lunch box, embroidered on his baby blankets and at the top of all his homework then that would be what people would go with. Hope this makes sense!

listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jack ~ Conor ~ Nolan ~ Mark ~ Samuel ~ Jeremy ~ Ian ~ Vincent ~ Evan
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Madeleine ~ Violet ~ Victoria ~ Ava ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah ~ Soleil

I love August but can't stand Gus. If I had an August he'd probably have to go by his full name all the time. I don't mind Gusty (or Gale I suppose!) or Gusto as much though.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!