Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need a vaguely futuristic single-syllable male name.

The character in question is a vampire who had been experimented on by human scientists and became feral and animalistic after enduring electroconvulsive therapy. Prior to becoming a vampire (against his will), he was a Hunter who captured and killed vampires. Born in the mid-nineties, he's in his late twenties during the events of the novel. He is the brother of my protagonist, Sona, also a Hunter. Their last name is Hammond.

I'm hoping to find The Perfect Name, but as of yet have been unsuccessful. I'd like it to sound vaguely futuristic, or, like Sona, sound like a legitimate name even though it really isn't. And I'd like it to be single-syllable, because I think a quick, punchy name will suit his feral nature. It can't begin with S or D as I already have too many characters with names that do.

I'm leaning towards Chase at the moment... but it doesn't feel quite right.

Thanks for your help!

Kai, maybe?
    Brietta Markie Auburn, teenage name nerd
    Jubilee Olive Tamsin • Scout Alice Ophelia • Gia Margaret Pearl • Iris Evangeline Dove

Mario Cordell Isaac • Remy Jonah Drake • Aubrey Dominic Schuyler • Caleb Julian Pierce

Leer? Pike? Lux?

Cage is the first thing that comes to mind. I haven't heard it used on a character except as a last name for Xander Cage of Triple X. I think it has that punchy, feral, climbing the walls sort of vibe.

Other options, some futuristic/made up, some word or nature names, all single syllable:
    Cain
    Gard
    Dax
    Drake
    Van
    Rhys
    Rave
    Crag
    Rev
    Thorn
    Ridge
    Wolf
    Moor
    Range
    Fox
    Roam
    Colt
    Gage
    Swift
    Mace
    Night
    Ledge
    Storm
    Fang
    Cross
    Dark
    Cap
    Finn / Flynn
    Tal
    Bron
    Coal
    Zane
    Rush
    Shade
    Chance
    Loup (as in Loup-Garou, the p is silent)
    Blaze / Blaise
    Pierce
    Stark
    Knox
    Mars
    Steel
    Locke
    Wake
    Sol
    Raze
    Ink

Good luck with your choice and with the writing process!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu