Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Personally, I find no difference between Amelia and Emilia. Yes, I think Emilia is very similar to Emma and Emily, but I do think it's a bit fresher and prettier. I'm not personally aware of the history behind Emilia, but it looks and sounds very similar to the Itallian Emilio, which makes it seem too "Itallian" for me to use (as a non-Itallian.) Just my 2 cents.
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian

I don't find Emilia boring, I just think it would get misspelled as Amelia all of the time, which would be a bit of a headache.

I am actually debating between Emilia and Amelia. I really like the look of Emilia, and personally, I pronounce them almost the same. Eh or Uh at the beginning. Where I live people would hear eh-mee-lee-uh and say "oh, Amelia?" and probably mis-spell Emilia. So, if I used Emilia it would be in the middle spot. I am considering Amelia for a first though. I also think where I live, people would look at it and pronounce it kind of like Emily-uh with the emphasis on the wrong syllables. It might get to be a headache to use for a first. But it could be different where you live.

I love Emilia! I can't stand Amelia, but I love Emilia. Go figure. :/ Even though it kind of melts in with Emma, Emily, Emmeline, Emma, Amelia, Amelie, etc., I think it still manages to stand out against them all. I love the nn Millie, too. I think it'd probably be annoying to have people keep spelling it Amelia, but it's a risk I would take, since I love Emilia so much.