Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

In a world of Emma's and Emily's...

Do you think Emilia is boring? With most other Em- names being extemely popular and Amelia also finding herself in the limelight quite a bit, would Emilia just get lumped in to that same catagory? Also, what are your general thoughts on Emilia? Millie would probably be my preferred nickname for her. TIA
    Girls: Lucy, Nora, Ivy, Mae, Willow, Rose, Nessa
    Boys: Felix, Philip, Owen, Flynn, Dexter, Henry, Rory, Finlay

I don't particularly like Emilia. It just seems a bit forced and too much like Emma and Emily. I do, however, adore Millie. You could always name her Millie.
    All the best,
    Shannon

Charlotte Noelle
    Baby boy due February 16th, 2013

Personally, yes with all these popular Em- names, I find it boring. Other than that, my general opinion is that it's a fine name, but I vastly prefer Amelia. I pronounce them differently and I like the soft AH sound at the beginning of Amelia to the nasally EM at the beginning of Emilia.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

If you want to avoid the possibility of yet another Emmie, you could take an alternative route to Millie, like Camilla or Milena.

Sadly yes, I do find it a bit boring, it's too much like all the other Em names out there.