Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Oh, no, poor girl!!! If she'd been really stunning, it would've been easier for her.

Dantea: 12 weeks and doing great, that's so good to hear! I'm glad everything is going so well!!! (Duck Duck Goose sounds very cute!). Good luck on your appointment!!

My name is Thomas, and surprise, I managed to make it thus far without exploding.

Girls I've known with traditionally boy names: Austin, Atticus, Norris, Isaiah, Jupiter, etc, and I assure you they (and I) are all doing fine.

Aside from a double-take here and there, and loads of women running off to name forums to make fun, it's affected my life literally not at all.

To be fair, Thomas, I'm not making fun, and haven't (I wasn't the one saying she was doomed or that I felt bad or that her parents were crazy or making a statement with her), I was simply expressing that this is something I've never heard before on a girl and expressing that it's my opinion that names like Jacob (which is the number one name with a none feminine sound) are a little strange on girls compared to other boys names like, to use some of your examples, Atticus (soft sounds with a girly nickname), Norris (girly nickname and sounds like other girl names), Isaiah (soft sounds and girly nicknames) and Jupiter (a planet therefore lacking gender unless thinking about mythology). Jacob is a bit different than those in my opinion.

I don't think it's such a big deal for me to express that opinion and I'm sure you've done well for yourself and Jacob will too. Your name doesn't hinder you much as long as it's a real name and you make it your own.

I'm sorry if you were offended, but you didn't have to read.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

Kith nor Kin -- http://kithnorkin.blogspot.com/ Chapter 30 and Epilogue is up. It's done!
    Angel's Art -- https://www.facebook.com/danteasart
    http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I wasn't offended, more surprised. Jacob is a special case, I agree, but there does seem to be a huge contingent of folks here who associate boy names on girls with the Apocalypse or Plague, and I guess I don't get it. Could be regional, maybe? Or upbringing? Or age category? But you're right, of course, I don't have to read.

I'm sure all of us have at some point had to deal with people hating on our favourites.

My comment came out meaner than I intended, so for that I'm sorry! What I should've said is, I'm surprised that people seem to really think being a girl/woman with a boy name is this great travesty, when the reality is, aside from the making fun that likely happens in the 'private' sphere (like on forums where we're all virtually anonymous) having a boy name isn't the life-ruiner people make it out to be. People can name their own kids whatever they like. The judgment towards other people's kids' names seems occasionally unwarranted.

I don't understand why they would use Jacob. It's especially wierd since I know a TON of male Jacobs. It's just really odd to me.
    -Athena
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction