Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Too Close to have the Same Name?

Okay this might get confusing...but my sister-in-law's sister-in-law, has a son with a name we LOVE. His name is MALACHI. Would it be weird if we used Malachi as a middle name?

I think it would depend on how close you are to your SIL's SIL. If you all hang out on a regular basis, then, yes, it would be too close, especially if they are close in age. If the first Malachi is quite a bit older than your baby to be, it might be doable anyhow. If this Malachi lives in another city or even in your city, but you hardly ever see them or hang out with that family, I don't see a problem with using it.

Not at all. The name is so distant and it's only a middle name. You're over thinking it!
    All the best,
    Shannon

Charlotte Noelle
    Baby boy due February 16th, 2013

It really depends on how close you are in the physical & emotional sense with this family...on one hand they are your in-laws in-laws which is pretty far removed so last names are different & they probably won't play together often...on the other hand Malachi is so distinct...it isn't Michael or something.

Age is a factor too. If Malachi is older than 5 I think it's really no big deal.

If you know Malachi's parents you might mention it to them that you are considering it.

Makai or Maksim might appeal to you if you decide against it.

Ohhh as a middle? No big deal at all! Go for it!. I thought you meant as a fn!!