Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

I need some weird ones!

Okay...maybe not weird exactly, but different (and sometimes different is construed as weird). I'm trying to compile a list of options that aren't something you hear every day and maybe even never. I don't like made up names! I want real names with history but not really familiar. For example, you may not hear the name Genevieve or Maeve on a lot of little girls but they're probably still fairly recognizable to most people. I want names that you don't hear everyday or even most days as the case may be!

I like hippy/nature names or really anything that sounds like it may be from the future or the really far past. I also like names that sound like they could be fairy/fae/elven names. Just something different!

*Edit* I'm sorry if I'm not explaining myself very well. I want names that are obscure but not awful tongue twisters. When I say older names I don't mean vintage or granny chic. I mean names that probably haven't been used much in the last few hundred years, give or take. Also "fairy" names that conjure up images of nature and magic and sparkly-beautiful-fairyland and green meadows and magical forests...I don't know if that helps at all but it's the best I can do. Maybe once there are some suggestions I can give a better idea of what I'm looking for.
    Last edited by thelifespark; November 25th, 2012 at 12:24 PM.

I'm not really sure what you're going for, but here are some suggestions. If you like any, I might have more in that style.

Nature:
    Pelagia
    Thalassa
    Mielikki
    Meadowsweet
    Foxglove
    Verticordia
    Aventurine
    Honeysuckle
    Columbine
    Tourmaline

Old:
    Viatrix
    Venatrix
    Melpomene
    Hypatia
    Sappho
    Nehalennia
    Astarte
    Melusine
    Nimue/Niniane

Mariposa
    Not expecting, just collecting!

Quote Originally Posted by myowngildedbutterfly View Post
    I love Aries, Athena and Atlas but they have the same problem as Sappho and Astarte. The rest, though lovely (love Nora and Wren!) are too familiar. I need a little more obscure.

I apologize I'm having a hard time describing what I want.

I like pretty much all of those Nature names but especially Meadowsweet (love it), Foxglove, Honeysuckle, Columbine, Aventurine. Pelagia is interesting and Thalassa is kind of pretty, too.

From the older sounding names I like Hypatia, Nimue and Melusine. I love Sappho and Astarte but Sappho is a fairly well known poet and Astarte is a goddess so I woudn't use them even tho I really like those two the most on that list.
    Last edited by thelifespark; November 25th, 2012 at 12:18 PM.