Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Maybe Simon? It's similar to Silas, not too unusual and not too popular.

I like Caleb and Silas. I adore Eli. I don't think you should worry about popularity. If you like them, use them!!

Here's some names you might like -
    Easton
    Riley
    Axel
    Elias? You could still use the Eli nickname.
    Grant
    Jude
    Leo
    Damien
    Ezekiel
    All the best,
    Shannon

Charlotte Noelle
    Baby boy due February 16th, 2013

I do know a woman named Micah. I don't know how often it's used for girls, but he may have a point. Also, if you're going for something short to offset your last name, I'd rule out Sebastian as well. So I think Silas is the best bet from your list and since name trends are favoring a "what's old is new again" approach, I don't think you can count it out as an "old man" name. On his list, the only one I really see as macho is Trent, with Tyler I think probably being the best choice. Is it just Eli you have a problem with or all Eli- starting names? Elias came to mind as a compromise between something you both like and Silas.

All very nice name choices.
    Michah, especially with the "ah" at the end does sound more feminine. Of the Michah's I know they are all little girls.
    Silas, An old soul kind of name, goes well with Jonah and Caroline, which are more old soul kind of names. I do see this name a lot on the up and coming lists though, so if you are trying to avoid too popular, this name seems to be gaining momentum.
    Sebastian, I think this is a nice name as well. But I guess if your last name is long and hard to spell, sound it out loud and see how it flows.
    Trent, I like this name, I prefer Trenton though...
    Tyler, very popular in the 70's and 80's. Probably not so much any more though.
    Caleb, my favorite of the bunch. Also goes well with Caroline and Jonah.

All of your choices are very nice. Have you thought of combining using one of your names for first name and the other for middle name?

Sebastian Tyler?
    Trenton Silas?
    Caleb Sebastian?

I like the suggestion of Grant. Some others that may work as a compromise:

Brandt
    Heath
    Colton
    Ellis
    Dane
    Weston
    Davis
    Drake