Names Searched Right Now:
    Knoxville, TN

Advice... Gavi??

My husband and I are expecting our first child, a girl, in May. Though we are similar in every other way, coming up with a name for our new addition has been disastrous! What's important to him: that it be a name she can grow old with. What's important to me: that her name reflect reverence for God AND be uncommon. Growing up as a Jessica meant always being "Jessica D.", therefore common names lose all personality IMO. Please share your thoughts on this, I have absolutely fallen for the name Gavi. I love the sound and the meaning: The Lord is my strength. I think Gavi is definitely a timeless name that will not have to be shared with classmates.
    Thanks in advance!

While I like the meaning, I find Gavi a bit too short, cutesy and nicknamey for a full name. It also looks like the boys name Gavin with the "n" chopped off. A timeless name is a name that has been around for ages, doesn't follow any trends, can't be pigeonholed to a certain timeframe and sounds good from childhood to maturity (eg. Elizabeth, William, James, Katherine). Sadly, I have to disagree with your opinion because I don't think Gavi can be defined as "timeless". There is Gabriella or Gavriella nn Gavi.
    All the best,

I think Gavi needs a full name, the *i* ending and shortness makes it feel less substantial.

Middle Earth
    I love the history behind Gavi, and it's very spunky, but I would use Gavriella as a full name.
    anne teresa. 19.
    bibliophile & anglophile.
    "if you'll only call me anne spelled with an e i shall try to reconcile myself to not being called cordelia." -anne of green gables

Katherine, Lucy, Adelaide, Elizabeth, Elanor, Julia, Hazel,
    Margaret, Elodie, Anneliese, Marian, Aurelia, Vivian
    James, Atticus, Malachi, Ezra, Lewis, Benjamin, Alexander, Matthias,
    Gabriel, Finn, Dietrich, Kieran, Henry, Fletcher, Dominic, Lysander