Names Searched Right Now:

Expecting our first...

My husband and I are expecting our first baby in May. We will find out the gender around Christmas. I have been a "baby name fanatic" for as long as I can remember. I am also a planner--the opposite of my husband who doesn't care much for names & does everything at the last minute. I love unique nature names & classics. My husband wants something different, yet conservative. :-|

Needless to say, we are in a naming conundrum. He has ruled out many of my favourites such as River, Freya, or Estella for a girl & Sawyer, Hudson, or Phoenix for a boy.

I would like to possibly use Kathleen as a middle name for a girl. And Jordan or James as a middle name for a boy. But these are not set in stone. These are the names that we have compromised on so far. I would love to hear your thoughts!!

Girls
    Emilia
    Marina
    Laila or Leila

Boys
    Dominic
    James
    Blake

P.S. My name is Dena (mn Joan) & my husband's name is Matthew. Our last name is DelloBuono.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Emilia - I like the name and it sounds good with your surname. The only issue is Emilia Kathleen is heavy on the "ee" sound but since the mn is only known by close relatives and friends it's not a deal-breaker. Emilia DelloBuono has a lot of "l" in it but I like it anyway.

Marina - Marina Kathleen has one less "ee" sound but due to the emphasis on the syllables the "ee" sound is more prominant than Emilia Kathleen.

Laila/Leila - Just based on the "sound" of the name, Leila Kathleen is the best.

Dominic - I love this name but I'm not ususally a fan of the alliteration (Dominic DelloBuono). The name is certainly the most interesting choice on your short list. It matches your Italian surname well.

James - The most traditional and "safest" choice. I like the name and it flows well with your surname.

Blake - This is ok but trendy for both genders. My least favourite choice.

Other Suggestions

Girls

Chiara/Clara/Claire
    Francesca/Franca/Frances
    Lucia/Lucy
    Lidia/Lydia
    Adriana/Adrienne
    Claudia
    Giulia/Giuliana/Julia/Juliana
    Lia/Liana/Leah
    Luisa/Louisa
    Renata
    Silvia/Sylvia
    Rosalia/Rosalie
    Valeria/Valerie
    Teresa/Theresa/Tess/Tessa
    Valentina
    Vittoria/Victoria
    Viviana/Vivian
    Marisa
    Eva/Evelina/Eve/Evelyn

Boys

Luca/Luican/Luke/Lucas
    Matteo (after your husband)
    Carlo/Charles/Charlie
    Giacomo/Jacob
    Andrea/Andrew
    Vincenzo/Vincent
    Hugo/Ugo/Hugh
    Enrico/Henry
    Lorenzo/Laurence
    Nathan
    Aaron
    Thomas
    Isaac
    Piero/Pietro/Peter
    Simone/Simon
    Antonio/Anthony
    Alessandro/Alexander
    Giuseppe/Joseph
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Thank you! So many gorgeous names here. I love Adrienne, Liana, Marisa, and Evelina from your girls list. Nathan and Aaron are my favourites from the boys. I'll have to see what he thinks of these.

Marisa Kathleen <3
    Aaron James <3

I love many of the authentic Italian names too, but we are trying to stay away from anything too traditionally Italian. We are a complete mix of ethnic backgrounds even though our surname tells a different story.

Congrats! The agreeing on names is difficult...

I think all your names are very nice, mischa said just about what I was going to so no need to repeat. My favourites are Emilia and Dominic (I like alliteration!).

What do you think of Lilias? I know a family with kids called Emilia, Aaron and Lilias, so maybe it's something you'd like...

Oh, Lilias is lovely. I hadn't heard of it before. How is it pronounced in the family that you know, Lilly-ahs?