Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I've not personally lost a baby but I do feel strongly that naming the child is a very important step to both healing as well as commemoration. Often in miscarriage you as the mother feel so isolated and alone in your grief, as many others-- even baby's father-- have no direct experience of the child, only an abstraction. Later in pregnancy and of course after birth the loss is more easily shared. Naming the child and asking family members to refer to him/her by name can really help those who weren't carrying him/her, but who still loved him, to grieve-- and to remember.

You might give this baby the name you'd selected (or, one of the names), if you had an intuition as to the gender. That can help commemorate him and link him to the ideal of the baby you were dreaming of, and hoped to have. Conversely, if you're still considering trying for more children, and you think you'd like to use the names you'd selected for a future baby, you might select a name that has especial significance for you during these last 13 weeks (which could be anything-- the name of the coffeeshop you walked past when you went to purchase the pregnancy test, a name related to the nickname you called the developing baby in that early ultrasound, anything), rather than a name out of a book.

One name I like is Halia (ha-lee-ah). It's quite different from your daughters' names, as it's Hawaiian, but it means "remembrance of a loved one."

Rosemary is a beautiful name, and in the ancient symbolism of the flowers, it signifies remembrance.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I've been in the same boat, one at 11 and 1/2 weeks and one at 18 weeks. I only named my 18 weeker because I knew it was a girl, saw her, held her... but I say you do whatever helps you through. A word with some meaning to you that can pass as a name would be lovely. I've found it's more for me than anyone, I hardly even told anybody her name, but it helps me feel the realness of her having been with me for a while. I hope you can settle on something that fits and brings you some peace and comfort.
    If only I could make a living naming other people's children...

Girl names I'm loving right now: Alaka, Jane, Daisy, Arabella, Francesca, Georgia, Ciara, Violet, Flora, Raphaela, Beatrice, Winter, Hazel, Delia, Bronwen
    Boy names I love (after naming 5 of my own): Gideon, Watson, Magnus, Miles, Oliver, Callum, Felix, Rafferty/Rafe, Edmund, Reuben

I was about to add Halia, but Blade beat me to it.

Thank you. You have all given me so much to think about.
    Names are such a huge thing for me (as I'm sure you all understand!) and I feel like I can get some peace by naming the baby
    I will let you know when we decide on a name.
    Thank you again for all you suggestions.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Good luck and again I'm so sorry.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq