Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

At least when parents name their twins Denis and Denise or Charles and Charlotte they have their OWN names.
    But Katherine (Katie), Katherine (Kate) and Katherine or George Jr, George III, George IV and George V is just mean. It's like saying "sorry but none of you are good enough for a different name." or "I can't be bothered to come up with something else".

Up until a few years ago Germany had naming rules where you had to prove your childs name was an actual name. So if you wanted to name your child Babydoll you'd have to not only prove that it was a given name with history (one other child being given that name didn't count) and it had to be used for the same gender. So a precedent of a little girl named Babydoll didn't give you the legal right to name your son Babydoll. While it feels a bit restrictive at least it was impossible for name your child Hashtag. Sometimes I feel like legal guidelines would make sense. I'm not sure what they would look like but at the very least it should be illegal to give your child names like Sh*thouse, N*gger, or Whoops. (Not that I've ever heard of any of those but with Hashtag, Lol and the like you never know).
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...