Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I think it's a completely normal name, and acceptable for use now. I don't think anyone is going to look at her and think her name is dated. If anything people may be relieved that it's not another trendy name!

Jennifer was a 50's name in Australia and it's my 50 something old music teachers name but I know one who would be 16 and another who is 13. 2 go by Jenny. I agree no one is going to say Jennifer thats my "grandma/mums/sisters/friends" name and there all insert age. Jennifer is a nice enough name but it was number 2 in the 50's in Australia so it could be ready for a comeback at least in Australia.
    ~Cilla
    Mother to the trouble twins
    Miette Tulip Priscilla and Ruby Lilac Jessica
    Welcoming Ottilie Petunia Bay or Declan Oliver Kyle in March

I was born in 1980 and by the time I was in high school I was so sick of hearing this name and still pretty much hate it. That being said, there's nothing objectively wrong with it and I agree that at some point a previously super-popular name falls into disuse enough to sound fresh again on a new baby. I think the fact that it's "dated" is kind of what makes it acceptable. We're past the height of popularity, past the point of backlash and on to a point where it's usable again.

While it is dated, I really like Jennifer!