Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Feminine form of James?

What would be some of the most commonly known feminized versions of James? The most important thing for me in my name hunt has been to somehow honour my grandfather..who was Jim (James). But having a girl, I've been trying to incorporate his mother or sister's names but wondering if there's any nice way to actually incorporate the name James. I am thinking for middle name purposes. Just looking for some brainstorming..I have a feeling I won't like any but just wanted to try.

Jamie ?
    Jemma ?

Jamie seems like the most common, and easiest associated with James IMO <3

Good luck!
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Theon Samuel Peregrin, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver

You could just use James as the middle like Jesse James.

Other options:
    Jasmine
    Jessamine
    Jamesina
    Jemma
    Jamilla
    Jacqueline
    Jamesy
    Jamie
    Jamiela
    Jamielle
    Jamai
    Jemsa
    Jamesetta
    Jade
    Jayla
    Jayma
    Jane
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

Gemma is the only name that comes to mind, except Jamie, but I'm sure you've thought of that one. BUT what I really think is why not just use James? I'm normally not a fan of boys' names on girls, but this is for honoring purposes AND it's in the middle. I think using James would be cute and sweet because of the meaning behind it. Just a thought. Or you could use his last name or middle name as her middle name if they work better.

Jaime/Jaimie - most popular.
    Jamesina - Rather antique but interesting.
    Jacoba - James is derived from Jacob. Don't know if this is anyone's taste, though.

Nameberry seems to like Jameson for a girl but I don't think that makes it look any more feminine.