Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Sorry, I'm on my nook and its giving me issues and making me look like I cannot speak or write in intellegent form!

All this to say, the "have a standard bunch of kids at our house" is not really my style or so far my kids thank goodness. Although B has said she wants a sleepover party this year (less than a month from my edd ha ha ) which now that we are in a much larger home I might do if its a handfull of girls.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

I also have pics of cakes we have made. My sister and I love doing this, if you send me a PM I can hook you up with somepics. My personal favorite is the cgessboard cake I made for Seb one year, he loves chess and its all black and white.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

I only have a girl, so I can't really help you with a boy - yet! For Charlotte's first birthday, we did an Ombre Bug Themed Birthday Party. I got the idea from "On to Baby" I recommend you check out their site, great ideas for parties and nurseries!

http://www.ontobaby.com/category/first-parties/
    All the best,
    Shannon

Charlotte Noelle
    Baby boy due February 16th, 2013

I didn't think about parent peer pressure. I can understand that, though. Not just as a parent, but if your kid is going to all these awesome parties, he might start comparing as well. I do like the idea of doing an event somewhere and then a buffet. I've been to some of those all-inclusive parties at the skating rink or whatever and the food is usually pretty awful and I'm sure costs an arm and a leg for the convenience factor.

Quote Originally Posted by jemama View Post

Bronwen's actual bday is Valentines day, so good luck for us ever gping out to eat the weekend before or after ger bday!
    If I go overdue like my mom did, I'll hit 42 weeks and be induced on Feb. 13 so he'd probably arrive on V-day. I'm hoping he'll come on his own before then, though.

My cousin asks her sons what they want for a theme, and provides small elements of that. A superhero theme party, they had all their superhero dress-ups out. A pirate party, she made a treasure hunt and the kids found a treasure chest in the yard with pirate accessories (hats, eye patches) and she took a group photo that she sent in the Thank You cards. She is a bit of an artist, so she is always able to pipe frosting designs on sheet cakes to go with the theme too. I think themes are cute, but they don't have to be super intricate or over the top.