Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    all great names so u cant go wrong;

Belphoebe
    Ceridwen
    Evelake; I would eliminate this one solely on the fact that it could be shortened to a VERY common Eve
    Hespera
    Illyria: although a solid name its not a whimsical as the other choices.
    Niniane
    Tinuviel

Quote Originally Posted by dindlee View Post
    I have to say that you are brave! I have been following your posts to see what names have made the cut! Your names all make me want to run through a meadow chasing fairies, and I mean that as the biggest compliment! My favorite is Niniane. I think it's beautiful and fun and perfect. If I met a child named Niniane, I would want to know more about her and I would definitely want to meet her parents.
    Thank you! That's such a wonderful compliment, my boyfriend really likes you (I do too)!

sunniva: I like Nimue and Nyneve too, Niniane is just more epic. I seriously can't see the ninny thing as a problem, no one uses that term any more (do they?).

lovelywren: Thanks for liking Ceridwen Fawn Villanelle, I think it's pretty cute! I think you picked my top 5...

blade: eel these names are pretty different from the boy list, and from each other (I'm rather proud of myself...). Evelake is out, no one likes it, and Evelake wasn't that awesome (apart from his name of course). Besides, he was a dude. I get what you mean about Belphoebe, I just love that name so much... I don't know if I can let her go. Thank you for your comments as always.

dlawsonsmith: Thank you, Illyria is one of my absolute favourites.

bb19: Thank you, lovely combos. Winterrose is unfortunately out, just too insubstantial compared to the other names.

emma: Aww, thanks for backing up Belphoebe! I listened to Purcell this morning, how funny! And a lovely top 4, thank you!

merylp: Thank you, yes Evelake might become Eve or Evie...

So Evelake is out. Hespera, Illyria and Ceridwen are on our short list.
    We need to eliminate one of these three: Belphoebe, Niniane or Tinuviel. We can't agree on which one to toss out, but I want a top 5 not a top 6...

One more time before I close the thread; which one goes? (Ceridwen, Hespera and Illyria are safe ones)

Belphoebe
    Niniane
    Tinuviel

Boyfriend is in one of his "moods"... and I want to decide so I can start working on middles!!

I would get rid of Belphoebe, its gorgeous but like someone said before most people will think it is a smush of Bella and Phoebe. Out of all your names I seriously love Ceridwen, Hespera, and Illyria.
    Adelaide/Alice/Amelia/Autumn, Beatrice, Caroline/Cecilia/Charlotte/Colette, Eleanor/Eloise/Evelyn, Felicity/Fiona, Gemma/Genevieve, Hazel, Iris/Isla, Josephine/Juliet, Margot/Matilda, Penelope, Seraphina/Simone/Summer, Vivienne, Willow, Zara/Zoe

August, Beckett, Carter/Caspian/Christian/Colton, Dashiell/Declan/Dominic, Emmett/Everett, Felix/Finn, Harrison/Hayes, Jasper/Julian, Landon/Leo/Liam/Lincoln/Luke, Mason/Miles, Oliver, Sebastian/Simon, Theodore/Thomas/Tristan, Walker/Wesley

I have to agree with eliminating Belphoebe, though I know you liked it. Niniane is pretty wonderful and much more lyrical in sound imo.

Tinuviel is tied with Illyria now as my top choices. They both seem so perfect, though the meaning might put Tinuviel slightly ahead. =]