Names Searched Right Now:
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    dearest: I didn't even think of using the norwegian flower names, that's such a great suggestion. I love akeleie, soleie and vivendel. So cute! I get what you mean about mythology versus literature there, it's just, I grew up reading Tolkien, The Faerie Queene, The Odyssey, The Illiad, Dante's Inferno, Virgil's Aenaid and Paradise Lost, they all go hand in hand for me.

scarlettrobin & tk: I love Tinuviel, it makes me think of moonlight and trees and little purple flowers on the forrest floor...

Wow, I love the suggestion of Vivendel! It's like a cross between Rivendell and Vivian. (I wouldn't pair it with Tinuviel though...too many similar sounds).
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Isn't it great?

So I went totally crazy... what do you guys think about this:

Hespera, Illyria, Calypso, Eos and Sunniva. Or Alcyone, Ariadne, Electra/Elettra?
    Last edited by ottilie; November 27th, 2012 at 10:46 PM.

I still love Illyria and Tinuviel, but Eos is very cute and I quite like the suggestion of Vivendel! It's incredibly pretty though I probably like it more as a middle name due to the whole 'strong mythological choices being for better in the first spot' issue. Also, congrats, I don't think I ever knew when you were due aside from it being in March. My birthday is March 28th so I got excited, haha.

Whoops, started answering before you edited... If Alcyone is back on the table I still adore it. I think Alcyone is the perfect compliment to Endymion (which I know is a theoretical future matter, but for planning ahead purposes they just really "fit" imo).
    And I do think I know the answer to this, but you guys aren't planning on finding out the gender until the baby is born correct? =]

NO we are not. Not my decision though... It would be so helpful to know. If we were having a boy i could relax!

Illyria and Hespera are safe, I love those two so much. My boyfriend doesn't want Belphoebe, so I'm backing down on that one. Him ditto with Niniane. Ceridwen, he said it like a few hours ago and all i heard was RID. Not good... Tinuviel, while it has the moon and star and tree thing, lacks the being able to survive in the forest on her own thing.

Your birthday is the day after my duedate! How funny! I'm so happy I'm having an aries baby (unless baby is very early... hopefully not!).