Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    I'd nix Belphoebe.

Illyria is my most favorite of the names on your list btw.

If you have to choose which one is out between Belphoebe, Niniane, and Tinuviel, I would say let Niniane go.

Belphoebe has been a favorite of yours since the beginning and you have staunchly defended it against any and every possible criticism. This tells me that you really are in love with it. The meaning and associations are so true to what you are looking for in a name, I would say you must keep this one. I didn't like this one in the beginning, but you have brought me around!

Tinuviel could not be more perfect for a sibset with any one of your boys' names: Tinuviel and Endymion, Tinuviel and Herne, Tinuviel and Orion, Tinuviel and Orpheus, Tinuviel and Theron. SWOON. I know this name is not mythological in the same sense as Endymion, but it is still so rich in meaning and fantasy. You want names that bring to mind forests and starry skies and all the magical things of nature, and even the sound of Tinuviel is like the tinkling laughter of clear bright stars in a velvet sky! Someone who doesn't know the meaning will still be able to hear it when you say the name. (Perhaps that's why I love Endymion so much as well!) At any rate, don't eliminate this one, it's just too perfect!

So in my opinion Niniane goes by default...but I'm okay with that, because the of all the names left on your list Niniane seems the most prone to spelling and pronunciation issues. I know that for you the Lady of the Lake association is direct, but she's known by several more recognizable names (Nimue, Vivian, etc), that I feel Niniane is going to run into the "sounds made up" problem. Belphoebe will encounter this as well, but I get the sense that you love it more.

One last note: I know that the reason for nixing Winter(r)ose is because it is too insubstantial compared to other choices. But to me, the Winter + Rose conjures images of all the old fairy tales, especially Snow White and Rose Red. Again this is a different type of mythos from a Endymion and the like, but no less powerful. I hope you'll still consider this one for at least a middle!

Just my two cents! Thank you for sharing your name journey with us! It's been such a blessing and an endless source of inspiration!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Awww, Sleepysessha that's so sweet! I'm definitely keeping Belphoebe, just have to fight Mr Grumpy a bit. Reading the comments, wether they're good or bad, makes me realize my love for a name. When people don't like Belphoebe it makes my heart shatter a little. Winterrose is definitely on our middle list, we both adore it for the reasons you said, and it is my favourite flower and season, so it's a perfect name. Niniane is my least favourite, I think she'll go to the middle. Is it weird that I refer to my names as she? Thanks for your comments, sweetie, you've been a tremendously resourceful and inspiring helper! (and we will need middle help at some point...)

lululemonmee: Thanks, we're pretty happy with those names!

amydomsmom:Thank you, Tinuviel and Illyria are wonderful, I'm very happy with them.

scarlettrobin: Thank you!

It's not that I don't like Belphoebe, it's just that I liked the other two more, that is all. If you really adore the name and feel that strongly about it, then I'd say keep it in the running.

Thanks, I really love Belphoebe, my boyfriend is worried about the smush thing. So his favourites are Niniane and Tinuviel, mine are Belphoebe and Tinuviel... Anyway, I appreciate all comments, it helps!