Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I think Arya is beautiful. You should be picking a name for YOU. If you like it, use it! You're the one who will be with her the most..don't settle for a name just because you're family and friends like it!

Best of luck to youXx
    All the best,
    Shannon

Charlotte Noelle
    Baby boy due February 16th, 2013

After giving birth to a Sadiya and a Wendy, me and my husband realized that, like most people say, wait until the baby is born before telling people the name. I got so many negative comments on the girls names that I was on the verge of looking for new names.

But I think that if you love a name enough, you shouldn't be bothered by what other people say. Arya is a really cute name, don't be afraid to use it because of what people say or think.
    ~ Sadiya Hope & Wendy Monroe ~ 10/18/08 ~
    ~Phillipa Ellen Gray~ 2/14/13 ~
    ----
    | Louise | Helena | Carmen | Eileen | Rose | Vesper | Bridget | Lourdes | Jane | Katia |
    | Phoenix | Peter | August | Felix | Bennett | Dimitri | Xavier | Mack | Ty | Walter |

Thank you so much for all your good answers! We aren't telling anyone the final name before after the birth - before that we'll just throw in some random names and say we're considering those. We didn't tell anyone the final name with our second son either!

Sometimes i just feel people are downright rude about others name choices - I don't particularly like the names of my nieces and nephews, would never dream of using them, but everytime I've told their parents that their name choices were nice, pretty and cute. You'd think they'd show you the same courtesy! But yes, defo won't tell anyone before baby is born!

I love Arya. It's on our very short list for this baby.

As for the pronunciation, I live in a large city in the southern US and I hear it pronounced with both 2 and 3 syllables. Pick which one you like, remind those that need it, and then don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerian View Post
    Sometimes i just feel people are downright rude about others name choices - I don't particularly like the names of my nieces and nephews, would never dream of using them, but everytime I've told their parents that their name choices were nice, pretty and cute. You'd think they'd show you the same courtesy! But yes, defo won't tell anyone before baby is born!
    Oh yeah. My cousin advised me that when I have kids to not tell ANYONE in our family the name until the baby is born. She made the mistake of announcing the name and all of a sudden, everyone is an expert on what YOU should name YOUR child. All of our family gave her major crap, and she started thinking about it. Her and her husband got in a fight over it because they started to second guess the name. In the end, they went with their gut and named the baby the original name (Cresten Grant, which I actually quite like). My family is the judgement police, they can be BRUTAL. God forbid you wear something they don't like, get a haircut they don't like. THEY WILL LET YOU KNOW haha.