Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Nellie is also a nn for Noelle or Janelle.

Why not just use the name Nellie if you like it so much? Then you don't have to worry about a nickname at all.
    On middle names: There's no point to them.
    On picking kid's names for nicknames: Just name the kid the nickname in the first place if you're that set on ever using it.
    Someone with a difficult name thought on giving out "unique" names: Please stop and think how your kid's life will be growing up with a really difficult/awkward moniker.

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/59277

There's Nella, but might be a bit close to the ever- popular Bella.

You could always do a First-middle name combo, like:
    Niamh (Neve) Adele nn Nellie
    proud aunt to
    Liam Joseph (b. 5/8/2006)
    Aurore Brynn (b. 10/13/2012)

I think Anneliese nn Nellie could totally work! My only other thought has already been mentioned--Noelle. I think something like Danielle/Daniella could also get the nn Nellie. I don't know if you really wanted to use Danielle up front, though...
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I'm not sure I love Nellie enough to use it as a stand a lone name. I just think it is a super cute nickname. I think I could make Anneliese nn Nellie stick and when she got older she could go by whichever she wanted. Chances are I would call her Anneliese plus a variety of the nicknames. I tend to switch things up. Thanks for the input and suggestions everyone.