Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eva vs. Genevieve [Evie]

For about a week now I thought I had settled on Genevieve nn Evie/Niamh for the last spot on my girls' list. I really loved Eva, but it didn't have all of Genevieve's charm. But today I just met THE most adorable little girl named Eva, she totally rocked her name and I'm completely back in love with Eva all over again! Which would you choose? The other names on my short list are Isabelle, Arianne, Olivia, Violet, Rachel, Liliana, Charlotte, Hannah, and Eleni, although being a "perfect" style match isn't terribly important to me, as Rachel and Eleni are sort of different styles from the others on my list.

Also, I'm trying to come up with combos... So far, I have:

Eva Primrose
    Eva Thisbe
    Eva Bryony
    Eva Coralie

Genevieve Luna
    Genevieve Lyra
    Genevieve Esmee
    Genevieve Sylvia

I'll attach a second MN (honoring) later, I'm more concerned about the first MN right now. Any other ideas? Anything literary, French, floral, Biblical, etc. wins brownie points. I like the thought of something a bit whimsical for both Eva and Genevieve, too.

Thanks, ladies!
    Last edited by ashthedreamer; November 20th, 2012 at 07:40 PM.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I like Eva Primose and Genevieve Sylvia best . Love Genevieve nn Evie or Niamh but I just think it's too much of a hassle
    To get people away from jen and Jenny :/. Therefore Eva gets my vote, I adore it!
    Me + hubby = One prince and two little princesses <3 <3 <3. So in love with our family and our new little pink bundle!!

Both are wonderful names - Eva & Genevieve. You can't go wrong either way. You might consider Geneva as middle ground - much like Genevieve, but provides an easy route to both Evie and Eva.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Leonie

@bellarina - thanks, I'm not too concerned about avoiding Jenny--I used to love Gen as a nn for Genevieve, and still sort of like Ginny, so I wouldn't hate it. Plus, I don't think it'd be too awful to gently correct people if they call her Jenny, "Oh, we call her Evie" or whatever.

@teacherma - Thanks for the suggestion! I used to love Geneva in the past, but I just don't feel it has the charm that either Genevieve or Eva has these days, unfortunately. A lovely name for someone else, though.

I think it's easier for me to love Genevieve because I really love Genevieve Luna and Genevieve Sylvia. I'm finding it harder to love any Eva combo I come up with (or come across). :/
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Genevieve and Eva are both so lovely! I love Eva paired with Byrony and Coralie. Here are some suggestions coming to mind...

Eva Magdalene
    Eva Marguerite
    Eva Clementine
    Eva Giselle
    Eva Margot

Genevieve Iris
    Genevieve Odette
    Gevevieve Louise

Your entire girls list is wonderful, by the way! Hope that helps!