Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I think Mary is too close to both Mark and Clare.

I think it's fine. Especially if you double-barrel the name. Actually, I think the double-barreled name makes sense alongside Katharine, that way she's not the only one with a "long" name. I think Grace "feels" like your other kids' names, but Theresa not as much, even though it's 3-syllables like Katharine. Go for Mary Grace!

Quote Originally Posted by saracita00 View Post
    I think it's fine. Especially if you double-barrel the name. Actually, I think the double-barreled name makes sense alongside Katharine, that way she's not the only one with a "long" name. I think Grace "feels" like your other kids' names, but Theresa not as much, even though it's 3-syllables like Katharine. Go for Mary Grace!
    Thanks for the other side. Quite often I do feel really drawn to Mary Grace. What's funny is that before I had Katharine I wasn't really "into names" and we came quite close to naming Katharine, Mary Grace, and it never occurred to me that the two might be too close. She is only 2 years younger than Mark so any complications from the two having such close names would have been compounded because they would have been grouped together more - same school, playmates.
    Last edited by lo; May 28th, 2013 at 02:24 PM.
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Current list of favorites:
    Girls: Caroline, Emily, Grace, Mary-Grace, Lucy, Lydia, or Theresa
    Boy: Gabriel, John, Jude, Luke, Nicholas, Peter, or Thomas

I think Mark and Mary are too close for siblings. However, if you would have used the combo Katharine Mary Grace, that would have been okay since one is a first name and the other is a middle name.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly