Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are Mark and Mary Grace too close for siblings?

Not expecting yet, just TTC. We have 5 kiddos (names in my siggy) my middle son is named Mark. He's 7 now so they'd be at least 8 years apart with 2 siblings in between.

I feel Mark and Mary would be too close but if we call her Mary Grace would that make it different enough from Mark? Our last name is Tys0n. Mark's middle initial is not a "G". I have liked that our kids don't share a first initial and I sometimes feel that a double-barrel name might be cumbersome in daily life, but I find myself so drawn to Mary Grace that I just can't shake it.

Our other two contenders are Theresa Mary or Grace Elizabeth
    [B]Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew[B]
    Current favs: Mary & Thomas
    Hubby's favs: Lucy and Peter

I think that since they are identical save for the last letter, they're too close. Granted, they sound different when said aloud, but I still wouldn't use them as siblings. I like your choice of Grace Elizabeth in your signature better!
    Little men: Everett, Dane, Lennox

Little gals: Eden, Lux, Monroe

I don't think they are too close. Even though they are only one letter apart, I say the Mar- in Mark differently than the Mar- in Mary. Combined with Grace, Mary Grace has a different feel than Mark does. I say go for it.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

Aw, I like the sound of Mark and Mary tbh, but it is really close. I prefer Grace Elizabeth with your others.
    Laurel - 2O - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

-------
    Newest thoughts for little ones: Angelo - Caspian - Eden | Isabela - Brisa - Gisele

bumping for more opinions...thanks
    [B]Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew[B]
    Current favs: Mary & Thomas
    Hubby's favs: Lucy and Peter