Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need advice on boys name

My husband and I can not decide on a name. We like Irish names and have an Irish last name.

Our first pick was Killian. I know it has the word kill in it which does not bother me, because we would call him Killian not Kill. My concern is that it is similar to the girls name Jillian. I prefer the traditional spelling Cillian but my husband won't agree because people will probably pronounce it Sillian...

Our second choice was Cullen. We both love it but once I got on google quickly found out it is someone's name in twilight. Neither one of us new that. By the time he is in school I won't have to worry about the twilight reference, but I don't wont twilight fans to think I named him after that movie. :/

There are other names out there I like such as Connor Liam and Declan but those are too popular now.

Any suggestions?? What do you think of these names??

I like Killian and I don't think that it's a problem that it's similar to Jillian. The K sound and the J sound are distinctive enough from each other, plus Jillian's really not that popular right now. Killian is a cool name!

However, if you're looking for other options, what about:
    Callan
    Kyler
    Colin
    Ian
    Finnian
    Sullivan
    Angus
    Ciaran/Kieran
    Adrian
    Keegan

Good luck! You have some great names picked out (I really like all those that you mentioned except for Cullen).

I LOVE Cillian! It's my favourite irish boy name I think. Cillian Murphy spells it like this, and I've never heard anyone say his name wrong (i'm in the UK though). I also really like Connor.

Other suggestions:
    Oisín
    Lorcan
    Dermot
    Paidí
    Fionn
    Desmond
    Carrick
    Daithí

Cillian Murphy is hot.

I love Seamus and Patrick.

Thanks! I love the name Desmond too, but my husband hates that name and so did a lot of my family, that was my first choice and it goes really good with our last name.