• Violet

5 6.94%
  • Ruby

16 22.22%
  • Pearl

26 36.11%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by emmabobemma View Post
    I vote Juliet. It ends in "ET," while Scarlett ends slightly differently with the sound "IT." It's not like they outright rhyme. In sound, they may not be an ideal sibset, but in tone I think they're wonderful together. Both kind of alpha-feminine names, fragrant and fancy without being fussy. IMO, it's more important that you love your second daughter's name individually, than for it to make the perfect sister-match. She'll spend much of her life away from her sister at some point, so go with the name you love most.
    Yes, that's what I love about Scarlett. It's gorgeous and most of all, spunky. I think Juliet Ruby would have that same effect I love I just have to get myself past this hesitation I have with the names sounding a lot alike.

Well, if you think about the rhythm of the names, there's a difference there too. JuliET- all three syllables are pretty much given equal weight. They roll into each other, with slight emphasis on ET.. or on JUL if you prefer. SCARlett- two syllables, accent on the first. "LiET" and "LIT." Juliet Ruby- sweet that your daughters would have those two red names tying them together, but it's subtle enough with Ruby in the middle spot.

Well, hubs says no to Ruby for the middle. He thinks it doesn't flow well with Juliet. He's still fine with Juliet for the first name but finding a middle name is going to be tough.