25 34.72%
  • Violet

5 6.94%
  • Ruby

16 22.22%
  • Pearl

26 36.11%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Oh, okay, after seeing your second post, my vote is for Juliet!

What about Juliet Ruby? I don't think it's too matchy, just because of pronunciation: I say Scarlett more like Scar-lut, but I say Juliet with a pronounced -et at the end (does that make any sense?). If you suddenly change your mind, and think she should be a Ruby, then you can just call her Ruby, and she can go by her middle name. Plus, it's a nice connection with her sister. Both have a traditional J name in there, and both have a red colour name.
    If you've already got a middle name picked, then I'd say Juliet. I know someone with daughters called Ruby and Scarlett, and it's just too matchy. Scarlett and Juliet is a nice pairing. Similar, but separate enough.
    Favourite boys' names: Arthur (John) Thomas; James (Nicholas) Peter;

Favourite girls' names: Elizabeth Kathryn (Anne); Martha (Julia) Grace; Lydia Mary (Joanna);

Other girls' names I'm thinking about: Charlotte; Beatrice; Matilda; Margaret; Madeleine; Rosanna
    Other boys' names I'm thinking about: Douglas; Lawrence; Alistair; Christopher; Edward; Alexander; William; Frederick; Matthew; Robert; Andrew

I voted for Juliet. While I think that Scarlet & Juliet are a bit too matchy, Scarlet and Ruby is really too much red! Would you consider another variation of Juliet?
    Scarlett & Julianne
    Scarlett & Julia
    Scarlett & Julianna
    Scarlett & Julietta
    for example... I really like Scarlett & Julianna personally

I vote Juliet. I think a classic, romantic name like Juliet brings out that side of Scarlett, while Scarlett + Ruby just makes me think "THEME NAMES!" I don't mind the similar ending of Scarlett and Juliet for the same reason kb5462 mentioned--because I emphasize the first syllable of Scarlett and the last syllable of Juliet, it sounds pleasantly rhythmic to say the names together.
    --Taylor
    I love many names, but the names that fit my family are the venerable old lived-in classics, unfussy, weighted with history, polished like stones through much use.
    <3 Martha Frances, February 2014

Oh man, KB...you know I haven't even considered Ruby for the middle name! Scarlett Josephine and Juliet Ruby are gorgeous to me! I think I'm going to ask my husband about this combo. They sound...well, they sound like sisters!

That's such an interesting option!