Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Beth? Dated or not?

Where I live, in Ontario, the name Elizabeth is far less common than it is elsewhere. I have only met a handful of Elizabeths, none were under the age of 30 and they all go by the nn Liz or Lizzie. Hubby and I have considered using the name Elizabeth, but I would like to use Beth as a nn instead of Liz/Lizzie. Beth sounds sweet and fresh to me because I have never met anybody that goes by it. According to Nameberry Beth is dated. I don't agree with that, and was just curious what other people might think. So, in your opinion, is Beth dated and what do you think of it? Thanks!

I don't think Beth is dated, well, not nowadays, I think you've yet to stumble upon a Beth. It's a very sweet nickname, I also like Bethany..I think Beth even sounds fresh, to some ears, well, perhaps not fresh, but it's not overused.
    Pandora, Tillie, Echo, Flora, Eira, Vienna, Rosalind

I thin Beth is beautiful, not dated at all!
    ~ Jessica ~

Mummy to Zachary Lyndon (August 1st 2013)

Current Favourite Names:
    Zachary, James, Luca, Spencer, Milo, Ezra, Remy, Nathaniel, Jasper, Caius, Finley
    Sophia, Zoe, Anya, Alana, Erin, Anais, Amelie, Isabella, Laura

Beth is wonderful by itself. I would love to meet a little Beth. So pretty, sweet, fresh, yet down-to earth and friendly. I don't think its dated. It's ripe for a comeback.
    “If you're going to say what you want to say, you're going hear what you don't want to hear.”
    ― Roberto Bolaño

Mumma to V, A, and K.

Current considerations:
    Miriam Cara Tatum Noel Marcia Vanna Marya Gail
    Roger Seth Cassius Harris Alexander

I also like Beth. I think it's one of the best nicknames for Elizabeth and I love it on it's own. It sounds sweet and gentle to me ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014