Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland

Alba or Caledonia would work much better as fns, especially for a girl (they're old Gaelic and Latin names for Scotland, respectively). Why don't you just look for a nice Scots Gaelic name like Caitriona, Elspeth, Iona?

Very Kardassian.

Even if you aren't a fan, even if you have tons of reasons...it will come off that way.

I don't care for it as a name. I would use your friend's name in some way rather than Scotland.

I personally loooove place names for babies! Edging on obsessed. London is near the top of our girl name list, but I've decided we can't use it as an FN. I travel to London pretty frequently and assume that my daughter will as well in a few years. I feel that it would be really awkward to travel to a city/country you were obviously named after. I can just see the people of that area shaking their heads at the silly Americans. However, I think London is a wicked cool middle name, and I feel that Scotland would be as well! Somehow American place names don't bother me as first names at all... Austin, Dallas, Georgia, Virginia, savannah, Juneau, McKinley.... All awesome. I think using it as a middle name would be a great way to honor your friend. And honestly, who really cares what the kardashians do? Name your kid what you love!

I love place names, but I think Scotland would work better as a middle.
    Silas ~ Gideon ~ Lincoln ~ Ezekiel ~ Malachi ~ Samuel ~ Ezra ~ Charlie ~ Gabriel ~ Elliott
    Maisie ~ Sophie ~ Naomi ~ Willa ~ Evangeline ~ Freya ~ Vivienne ~ Nora ~ Josephine ~ Daphne