Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland

Exclamation Scotland

I'm really into people naming their babies after places. I know people named London, Paris, Ireland, China, Asia, Holland.

What do you guys think of Scotland as a baby girls name? Also, I would like it if they could make a nickname out of it....

UPDATE: What are your opinions on Sicily? This derives from my family being a large Italian family from Sicily.
    Last edited by curious; November 19th, 2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: update

I don't care for Scotland as a first name- I imagine it'd be awkward of difficult traveling to Scotland or any other part of the UK. It also doesn't seem that feminine to me. The only nicknames I can think of are Scott, Scotty, and maybe Lynn (though it's a bit of a stretch.)
    Hope that helps.
    -Athena
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

I don't like country or continent names on people with no ties to it.

If you have no ties to Scotland, then I don't like it. It's pretentious to me.

Scotland is okay, but I wouldn't go for it. And I have ties to Scotland.
    Nickname ideas are: Scott, Lan, Annie, Lala.
    Laurel - 2O - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

-------
    Newest thoughts for little ones: Angelo - Caspian - Eden | Isabela - Brisa - Gisele

I think Scott on a girl would be fine, but Scotland feels a little clunky.

a) it's not feminine, b) Kourtney Kardashian just gave her baby girl this as a middle name, so it's screams celebrity name

with that said, I'm really into people using place names that hold some significance to them, but I generally think this is cooler in the middle name spot.

So for arguments sake if you got married in Scotland, and you named your child Eliza Scotland, I think that's pretty cool.
    Loving: Lilith Delphine, Daphne Elisabeth, Eleanor Lilac and my GP Amaryllis Clio
    William Dougal, Rupert Theodore and my GP Augustin Sage

Celestia, Opal, Agatha, Mabel, Delphine, Lilith, Magnolia, Eleanor, Olympia, Harriet, Daphne, Nora, Tabitha, Lilac, Saffron, Wilhelmina, Clio, Amaryllis
    Vaughn, Sterling, Samson, Sage, Rupert, Hugo, August, Stellan, Dougal, Sydney, Theodore, William