Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Naleigh

Naleigh

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but probably not because I only just found the article on Yahoo. It's there right now, but I'm not sure how long it'll be up, so check it out!
    Well, basically the article says that Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley are adopting a baby girl from Korea! The reason I'm posting (of course) is the baby's name: Naleigh. I'm not sure about what the middle name is, and apparently the name's not set in stone (she says they have to see whether the baby "is" a Naleigh. So, what do you all think about the name? Also, it has family significance: it is a compound name, made up of the names of Katherine's mother and sister (Nancy and Leigh respectively, Leigh was also adopted from Korea. It says all this stuff in the article.)
    I think the family part is sweet, but what about the name itself? Yes or no? I think it could get trendy, what with the -leigh ending and the exposure, though it is an invented name.
    Apologies if anyone has already posted this!

Re: Naleigh

I think the idea of honoring both family members is nice, but Naleigh has a tryndee, made up feel to it.

I like it, as it honors her family. However, alll I think about when I here "Naleigh" is One Tree Hill.. the ' brangelina'nickname given to the shows popular couple, Nathan & Haley.

Quote Originally Posted by canyr12
    I think the idea of honoring both family members is nice, but Naleigh has a tryndee, made up feel to it.
    Exactly...at least it does have some family significance.

I'm wondering if she ever thought about Lena (pronounced lee-na) as a way to honor her sister, Leigh, and her mother, Nancy.