Names Searched Right Now:
Page 106 of 115 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
    I've been wondering about you lately Rin. Thanks for the update! My son was born on the last day that my doctor was out of town, so maybe your baby is just waiting till the last possible day ;-) Sorry he's in a bad position. It would be horrible to go through hours of labor, only to end up with a c-section anyway. I hope he moves to a better spot. Are you planning on getting an epidural at the start just in case you do need a c-section?
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

@whit, if possible i'd actually like to avoid an epidural, once its in I'd be restricted to the bed really, and laying flat on your back means that you can't use gravity to help move the baby down like you would if you can walk/stand/squat or use the birth ball during contractions. In my case I think being as active as I can (although being hooked up to the fetal monitors etc) will be beneficial. I feel like having an epidural just in case, will increase the likelihood of that "case" coming to fruition.
    Best case scenario is that I can get him to turn anterior and stay there before labour begins, and definitely before 2nd stage labour (the pushing bit).

With Leo's labour I was only using the gas for relief, I didn't think to ask for anything stronger and nothing was offered. I'm not too concerned about the first stage, as I felt like I was dealing with the contractions quite well. I didn't feel like I needed anything stronger than the gas, as painful as contractions were. Its the second stage that gets in my head a bit more, since that's where things went pear-shaped last time.
    I wouldn't say that I am scared of labour/birth, but I am nervous about how that 2nd stage will pan out...today anyway. I find that I swing around between feeling anxious about it, and then having days when I feel quite calm thinking about it. I think, its a different baby, and will be a different labour, but I can't help comparing my first labour to what I think this one might be like.
    More than anything, thinking too much about it makes me quite frustrated that my first labour went the way it did, and that I'm know having to deal with the aftermath of emotions that it brings. Anyway, as you can see by this lengthy reply, i've been thinking about this alot since my appt yesterday!
    Time to sort lunch for the kiddo and myself and take a mental break for a while!!
    Leo Sebastian l Ronan Alexander

current loves
    Felix l Finn l Moss l Heath l Fern l Veda l Tui l Blythe

Quote Originally Posted by punkprincessphd View Post
    - friends of mine named their little guy this and would always sing the Beatles "obla di obla da" about Desmond and molly in the marketplace
    It's so funny because I am learning it's impossible not to sing this to a little baby Desmond.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

Quote Originally Posted by rin View Post
    Still no sign of this little ones arrival, i'm officially due this Sunday. My regular m/w is back from holiday on Monday, so maybe he is just waiting for her! I saw the backup again yesterday, completely boring normal appointment. The only thing playing on my mind now, is his position. He IS on the left, but definitely posterior, he also seems to have his head jammed in against my left hip and isn't engaged at all. Of course, poor positioning is what led to my surgical outcome last time, so knowing that he's in a similar position at the moment is getting into my head a little. I see my regular m/w one Tuesday at 40+2, so if I haven't birthed by then I'll be bringing up those concerns. While it would be disappointing at this stage to change my mind and opt for a surgical delivery, I feel like knowing that this baby is getting into the same position that Leo was in, and knowing how it went last time, I must say I'm not all that keen on labouring for hours and then finishing off with surgery. I'm doing my best to encourage this one to turn, but so far it seems he's quite settled where he is.

Hope all you new mamas are enjoying your little ones, can't wait to meet my newest soon!
    I think Desmond's birth was almost exactly the same situation as Leo's. I fully understand how you are trying to problem solve prior to this labor starting. Sending lots of good thoughts and hugs your way.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

Had my 37 week check up today, still only dilated about 1 1/2 but my bp is up. They checked it twice and at the beginning and again right before I left, now I'm having to do a 24 hour urine test. I didn't catch the bp number, but the nurse did comment on my ankles being more swollen and my dr asked about headaches and blurred vision. I haven't had any of that, but in looking at my what to expect book the combo of those is a sign of pre e I would assume that if I had it I would have been diagnosed/told. So I'm guess I might be heading that way and they are checking it out?
    I'm Alix Louise
    Wife to Skyler James since 4/28/12
    Mommy to Daphne Valora since 8/02/13

When we have another
    Boy : Sebastian, Jasper, Edgar
    Girls: Sonia, Matilda