Names Searched Right Now:
Page 101 of 115 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
    Congratulations Whit! I've been keepning up with this thread, waiting for birth announcements. So nice to finally have one. Lovely name.

For all of the mamas patiently (or impatiently) waiting for their baby's arrival, a friend sent this to me, and I found it on-point and comforting. This essay reminded me that the first stages of birthing my baby have already begun, even though the contractions haven't started:

http://www.mothering.com/community/a...-of-in-between
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

Love it, sdsurf, thanks for sharing that.

Hope your wait isn't much longer and you're staying as comfortable as possible! I'm back to my doctor Thursday and we will discuss induction at 41 weeks then...obv still hoping she comes on her own before though. Still just hanging out painfully low...taking it easy here (Walking would seem like a better idea if it werent 100 degrees!), trying to rest knowing the end is in view one way or another and we'll see what the next few days bring.

Congrats Whit!!!! Love your little ladies name - very pretty

Good luck to the others who are due very soon, can't wait to see your birth announcements.
    Mummy of One:
    -- Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013

Dom's future brother/s: Bennett, Ciaran, Elijah, Elliott, Emmett, Finnegan, Grayson, Harrison, Nathaniel, Quentin
    Dom's future sister/s: Aveline, Aven, Calla, Eleanor, Helena, Iris, Noelle, Rosalie, Sadie, Wren

I had a bit of a frustrating day. My OB finally did a VE at 40w3d, and I am not dilated at all. He was going to do a membrane sweep, but wasn't able to. I am trying to remind myself that dilation can occur at anytime, and it has no bearing on how much longer I'll be pregnant, but it still feels upsetting. I am finally understanding what it means to be large, hot, uncomfortable, teary, over due and over pregnancy. I had a huge cry today, and I felt a little better, but the idea of taking this pregnancy to 42 weeks is unimaginable to me.

I have always been against induction, but let me tell you, now that I am finally experiencing this, induction looks pretty, pretty attractive at the moment. I am realizing that unless you've been in a particular circumstance, it is completely unfair to pass judgement on another person's choice. This lesson keeps smacking in the face over and over during this pregnancy. Everything looks much different when it is happening to you. I have also become much less critical of other mother's parenting choices and styles. The pregnancy has been incredibly transformative for me, and I imagine the evolution will just continue on and on as my journey through motherhood progresses.

May patience and comfort and ease surround all the other waiting mamas out there. Hugs.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau