Names Searched Right Now:
Page 98 of 115 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 ... LastLast
    I think dogs may be more sensitive to pregnancy than cats? We have the one cat, and she doesn't seem any different than usual. My mum's dog is all over me when we go to visit though, far more than he ever was before I was pregnant.

I have a cluster of appointments coming up, m/w tomorrow, ultrasound on Monday and follow up with the OB on Wednesday. Then my birthday next Friday - which I have no plans for at all at this stage! I could have a baby by then I guess, or he could decide that sharing mum's birthday would be nice, and I could be in labour that day!

Kind of hope he doesn't come next week though, my m/w is currently on leave for the next 3 weeks and will be out of the region entirely next week. However, she did say if she was in the region when I went into labour, even though she is on leave, she would be there for me at the birth, which is so lovely.

Pregnancy dreams are weird. I've only had one where the baby actually featured though. That was in the last week or so and I was dreaming about his birth -- I reached down and caught him myself in the dream! He was definitely a boy!
    Interestingly, I dreamed about birthing a baby boy BEFORE this pregnancy, It was quite a while ago, but I think in that one I also caught the baby myself, then asked the midwife if it was a boy or a girl, and she said to just check myself! Haha
    Leo Sebastian l Ronan Alexander

current loves
    Felix l Finn l Hugo l Heath l Fern l Veda l Tui l Blythe

Lineska- My dog has been very clingy lately too. I've been thinking he must know something is about to happen. He didn't change much when I got pregnant, but he is definitely acting different right now. It's amazing to me how sensitive dogs can be. I'm with you on the BH contractions. You get all excited about something finally happening, then they just stop. So frustrating! I didn't ever have this problem with my first pregnancy.

Rin- My son was born while my doctor was out of town, and I was born when my mom's doctor was out of town. You might want to be getting ready ;-) I hope your mw is able to be there for you!

Doctor appt was a big bust. Despite 2 days of BH contractions, there has been zero change. The baby is still really high, and I haven't dilated or effaced at all. I've been kinda throwing myself a pity party today. I can handle waiting, but knowing nothing is changing is getting to me a bit. I'm going in for an ultrasound on Friday morning to make sure everything looks ok and the baby isn't huge. The doctor doesn't think it's too big, but he likes to do an ultrasound when you go very far past your due date, just to be sure fluids and such are good. If everything looks ok, we'll just wait it out till next Thursday. I'll be 41 1/2 weeks then. If the baby isn't here by then, we'll induce or do a c-section. I'm still not inducible right now, because of how high the baby is. I of course would prefer the baby comes on its own, but hopefully it will at least drop enough that I can avoid a c-section.

Happy 4th to the U.S. mommas! I hope you all have fun, and don't get too hot :-)
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

Rin-- I think youre right about cats not being as affected. Maybe something to do with how invested dogs are with their place in the pack/sensitive to changes. The majority of the cats I've been around, it's not that they're unfriendly, they just aren't very emotionally needy. Hope all your appointments go well!

I know several mothers who share a birthday with a child....never know!

Whit-- Hope your little one decides to make an appearance! I forget, did you have changes earlier with your son or do you tend towards quicker changes later in the game?

I'm hoping I don't get to 41 weeks... (40 on Sunday so there's still some time). It just seems like not only is it terribly frustrating, but then you have all the decisions to make about being induced/scheduling a csection. Let's hope all of these early July little ones pick their birthdays soon!

Hopping around this morning with bad hip/inner thigh pain...I've had some soreness/pressure the last couple weeks but this is kind of intense. Doing wide lunges helps, but I'm going to feel pretty silly if I have to walk around like that for another week! I had about 30 second spurts of worsening thigh pain with some low cramping at about 15 minute intervals this morning. It went away after a couple hours anyway, but curious if a contraction could feel that way?
    mom to livvy jozefa 7.10.13

Lineska: I don't know about thigh pain, but low cramping at regular intervals could certainly indicate early stage Labour. Let us know how you're doing, and here's hoping for a quick and healthy birth!

@lineska, I think sometimes contractions can radiate down the thighs, I'm thinking specifically down the backs (i'm sure I must've read that somewhere).

Busy morning here, had to take the car to the mechanic, took Leo to the pool then had to come home and tidy up/get lunch sorted and Leo down for a nap before the m/w came for our appt!

I saw one of the backups as my usual m/w is away. She seems nice enough, but I prefer my usual m/w for sure! BP was up today, no proteins in urine though. Baby has also moved from LOL/LOA to ROP! Naughty bugger! Currently using the laptop (very awkwardly i might add!) on hands and knees to try and encourage him to go back to where he was!! Scan will confirm position on Monday, hopefully I can get him to move by then.
    Leo Sebastian l Ronan Alexander

current loves
    Felix l Finn l Hugo l Heath l Fern l Veda l Tui l Blythe