Names Searched Right Now:
Page 94 of 115 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast
    lineska- I actually didn't know I was in labor until about 6 hours after my contractions started :-) I hadn't felt BH contractions with my first (though I am feeling them this time), so I had no idea what contractions would feel like. Anyway, I woke up at 6:00 am with what I thought was just really bad indigestion. You know, when it feels like you have a spikey ball in your intestines and everything just hurts? Well, I spent a while in the bathroom, and then around an hour or so later it happened again. It popped up every hour to hour and a half, and I started to get suspicious around noon. Indigestion doesn't usually last that long. So I started timing, and by the afternoon, they were coming 30 minutes apart or so, but still not super consistent. I told my husband that I might be in labor, but I though it still could be false labor because it wasn't that painful. I told my husband to go ahead and go to sleep that night, then woke him up at 3:00 am, when the contractions were 4 minutes apart. Even after all that, I wasn't sure it was labor till I got to the hospital and they told me I was between 8 and 9 cm dilated already. My son was born 2 1/2 hours later, after exactly 24 hours of labor. My water never broke, till they broke it at 9 1/2 cm. Everyone's labor is different though. I hope yours is nice and smooth like mine was :-)

We are definitely in a heat wave here. I haven't eaten much of anything today cause I've just been too hot to feel hungry. This stage of pregnancy can be a little annoying because everyone is so concerned about you constantly, and I think they are always seconds away from calling 911 because they're sure you're in labor and have to be rushed to the hospital. Everytime I touch my stomach or take a breath, they ask in a panic, "Are you in labor?!" No, my child is just trying to kick a hole through my diaphragm, and it hurts. Even if it was a contraction, I don't need an ambulance just yet :-)

I wasn't dilated at all last week, so you are at least ahead of me ;-) Good luck!
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

Well, the doctor appt was underwhelming. No dilation, and the baby is still really high. The doctor said it's floating just above my bladder right now. The good news is, he thinks the baby is smaller than it looks. My stomach looks huge, and he said I look like the baby would be really big already, but that's just because the baby is bound up so high. I actually have loose skin under my stomach right now. I haven't gained any weight in the last month or so, so the giant stomach is definitely all baby :-) The doc said I wouldn't even be a candidate for induction right now because when babies are this high and are induced they often drop in the wrong position. I'm not interested in induction just yet anyway. I still have some time to see if this baby will get its act together :-) I'm supposed to rock my hips a lot, and I'm going to try to do a lot of walking around over the next few days to see if that helps. Hope you ladies are progressing well!
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

I had my appt with the OB yesterday, and after looking at my notes from last time and the information from the ultrasound I had last Friday, she said that at this stage she sees no reason to schedule a c-section. However, its completely up to me, and what I feel comfortable with, in terms of a final decision.

As I've mentioned on multiple occasions, Leo's positioning was absolutely terrible. He was also on the large side, at just over 4kg (just shy of 9lbs).
    From the ultrasound results baby is measuring ever so slightly below average (except for those long legs!). Positioning also depends on each individual baby, so I'm trying to pay close attention to my posture, not lounging back too much on the couch, trying to sleep on my left side with a pillow between my knees, spending time each day on hands and knees and I've had a look at the Spinning Babies website for some other exercises to try as well.

I will have another meeting with the OB which is scheduled for July10th, before which I'll have (another!) ultrasound to check the growth and positioning again, and to make the final decision about how we proceed. Also have to keep an eye on my BP which has been creeping up over the last few weeks, I also have to go in for a blood test in the next couple of days to check my iron levels, and have the GBS swab done.

I'm getting so uncomfortable and have been staying home rather than going out during the week as its quite exhausting going out with a toddler at 36.5weeks pregnant! All these late stage appts are a bit of a pain really when you have to drag a toddler along with you.

So really, I suppose the vbac/c-sect decision has kind of been delayed a little bit, but i'm doing more mental preparation for the higher possibility of a normal delivery. I'm still (I know!) trying to truly sort out my feelings on which way my gut is telling me to go. Yesterday after the appt, I was feeling good about where the decision making process had come to, then this morning I was completely doubting myself!

As for signs of impending labour? Not so much, I'm not noticing any more Braxton Hicks than usual, Baby is low, but hasn't dropped down again as much as he did since that one day at 34 weeks or so. I've had no internals so have no idea if i'm dilated at all. Checking the cervix doesn't seem to be part of the normal process of the way things are done in NZ as I had none done last time either, not until I was in active labour anyway.
    My partner was googling natural inducement methods last night and said he's going to bring a pineapple home from work and make me eat the whole thing! Haha, I'm pretty sure they are out of season here so I doubt he will actually follow through with that since it will cost so much just for one!
    Leo Sebastian l Ronan Alexander

current loves
    Felix l Finn l Moss l Heath l Fern l Veda l Tui l Blythe

lineska- Pressure and BH sounds encouraging! Try not to get hung up on the 1 cm dilation, though. That can change very quickly. I don't think that my OB even uses that as an indicator, honestly. As far as the heat wave...It's warming up here in SoCal, but unfortunately I can't open my friggin' windows. My landlady decided that it was a great time to re-stucco and repaint the house so I have to keep everything locked up because the fumes are so horrible. Ugh. As if pregnancy at 39 weeks didn't create enough irritability on it's own..... She's known I was pregnant since December, but apparently THIS is the appropriate time to remodel our place?! Sorry, needing to vent.

whit- Do you have an exercise ball? Sometimes sitting on the ball and rocking or bouncing can help get the baby into position. Pelvic tilts while sitting on the ball or figure 8's can help. What your OB said about inducing at this point sounds really probable. If you get a ball, the 75cm is best for sitting and bouncing and rocking, unless you're really short like me (I'm 5' 2"), then get the 65cm. Also doing stairs 2-by-2 helps to position baby's head because of the rocking motion created by the pelvis. Good luck! You're so close!

rin- Everything sounds like it's lining up great! I know it's a difficult decision to make, but like I think I said before, at least you get to make the decision and it's not made for you. The exercise ball may be a good option for you, too. My sister in law was just able to get her son into position using spinning babies techniques and by sitting on the ball every night.

I am 39 weeks tomorrow. My EDD is July 5, and I am still telling myself I am going late. It's a good mind game for me.

Oh, I am just so excited to hear how everyones' births turns out. Good luck, Mamas! The babies are on their way.
    Last edited by sdsurfmama; June 27th, 2013 at 05:59 PM.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

I love that so many of us are due so soon!! I completely geeked out this morning when I saw my due date in the ten day forecast, haha.

Interesting on the exercise ball! I sit on one while I work since it just feels better for my back, no idea it was good for positioning.

Love hearing stories like that, whit! Balances out the labor horror stories people love to share. I hope this delivery is equally smooth sailing (maybe with a bit more notice!) for you.