Names Searched Right Now:
Page 79 of 115 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast
    Oh lineska, I'm with you! I'm at 33 weeks, and it feels like July is years away! It's only 7 weeks, but it feels like they're dragging right now. Don't worry, we'll make it :-)

Does anyone else have problems with their feet hurting all the time? I can't walk around the house barefoot for more than a few minutes, and even with good supportive shoes, I can't be on my feet for more than a few hours without my feet and ankles swelling and hurting. My blood pressure is low, so I know that isn't the cause of the swelling. I don't remember my feet ever hurting like this with my first pregnancy. Maybe just cause I wasn't going as many places with a 3 year old? My best guess is that this is just a special symptom for this pregnancy. I need to get to walking more often. Maybe that would help, but the times I have walked, my feet hurt and swelled then too. The past couple of weeks have been particularly bad because we're trying to sell our house while living in it, so there has been a lot of packing, cleaning, and repair work going on. Maybe once we get everything done, I can rest a bit more.

I hope all you ladies are doing well! Anything new and exciting going on? My baby got the hiccups for the first time the other night. So sweet and funny!
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

@annemarie: the guidelines depend on your weight beforehand. If you're overweight (BMI 25-29) or obese (BMI 30-35) then you are recommended to gain weight-- around 15-20lbs, like lineska said. If your BMI is higher than that (so you classify as morbidly obese, or superobese [BMI >40] then you are not recommended to gain, and occasionally obstetricians will attempt to supervise weight loss during pregnancy.

@punkprincess, lineska-- the jelly beans is awesome. In general a random glucose check 2 hours after a normal meal is not considered sufficient because the thought is to stress the pancreas/peripheral tissue to see how you respond. The heavy glucose load in that disgusting super-sweet solution (I think it tastes like melted popsicles) is easily handled by a healthy person, but not so easily by someone developing insulin resistance or bona fide GDM. The big load more accurately mimics the stress of labor & delivery when a great deal of glucocorticoids are released.

@whit-- the swelling can be ominous (a pre-eclampsia symptom) but like you said, your blood pressure is fine. Most women get compression of the iliac veins in the pelvis at the end of pregnancy by the uterus. The venous drainage of the legs are impaired and unfortunately, besides elevation and compression stockings, there's nothing you can do about it till delivery! But it is annoying, gives you an achy, throbbing feeling.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Yay I'm in the 3rd trimester club now! They attempted the 4d ultrasound she would now work with us (she has alot of her daddy in her =p) anyway she is weighing in at 2 pounds and 7 oz. and all on track for measurements. On my end everything looks good, in total 21 pounds so far. Doctor said that was good and it was looking good for hitting at 30 pounds total.

In fun news on Friday I'm heading to a family reunion 8 hours away on my own, driving whooo!!
    I'm Alix Louise
    Wife to Skyler James since 4/28/12
    Mommy to Daphne Valora since 8/02/13

When we have another
    Boy : Sebastian, Jasper, Edgar
    Girls: Sonia, Matilda

Great news, alfiejoe!!

Whit, it really does seem like the last couple weeks have slowed down...so close though! Hiccups are fun. This girl's been hosting a rave the last couple days, crazy movement all day long...kind of cool, but also kind of ouch.

Blade, you forgot one important detail in all of that great info...how are YOU feeling so far?

Oh, I feel marvelous. I had extremely minor and momentary morning sickness that lasted two hours and with nary a twinge of symptoms since. Am 10&2 and have not gained any weight that I can tell. Quad screen in three weeks, gender check in 6!
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq