Names Searched Right Now:
Page 73 of 115 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast
    OK 26 weeks now and heartburn is killing me. Everything I eat or drink tries to come up and at this point I'm having to sleep sitting almost all the upright and am throwing up in my sleep. Normal for it to be so extreme? I just got some tums and so far they help some.
    I'm Alix Louise
    Wife to Skyler James since 4/28/12
    Mommy to Daphne Valora since 8/02/13

When we have another
    Boy : Sebastian, Jasper, Edgar
    Girls: Sonia, Matilda

Oh, sixpomegranateseeds such good news!!! I'm so glad everything is normal and you can relax a bit.

@annimarie- Welcome! And congrats for making it out of your first trimester successfully!

@alfiejoe- So sorry your heartburn has gotten so bad. Mine is annoying right now, but not as bad as yours. During my morning sickness with my first pregnancy, my doctor prescribed Reglan, which is actually a heartburn medication. It didn't help with my nausea any so I stopped taking it, but it might help you. Or there might be other medications your doctor could prescribe. The best thing for my heartburn is eating small meals (because the baby is big enough to squish your stomach a bit), and avoiding tomato products. Everything from spaghetti to pizza sauce to ketchup. Those are the worst for me right now. Last pregnancy I had to avoid chocolate, which was very sad. Maybe try to pinpoint which foods are giving you the worst problems and avoid them. I have also heard that papaya extract is helpful for heartburn, but you should ask your doctor before taking it to make sure it's safe. I hope you feel better soon!
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

Quote Originally Posted by alfiejoe View Post
    OK 26 weeks now and heartburn is killing me. Everything I eat or drink tries to come up and at this point I'm having to sleep sitting almost all the upright and am throwing up in my sleep. Normal for it to be so extreme? I just got some tums and so far they help some.
    If tums aren't cutting it, you could ask about getting a prescription for Zantac or something else to help. I've also heard that a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar can help (sounds terrible, but so does throwing up in your sleep!). Hope you feel better!!

If you believe the old wives tales, Daphne Valora will have a beautiful full head of hair.

Alfiejoe, I've been taking magnesium (Mama Calm powdered magnesium) for the heartburn, and seems to work a little better than tums, which are calcium-based but pretty weak. I find that carbonated drinks (even sparkling water, my fave) equal instant agony, so boring old plain water for me (Note: I just typo'ed "plain" into "palin". Boring old palin water, courtesy of the Alaskan republican Party...)

Thanks everyone - we're very excited to welcome our 1st little one!

Have had 2 scans so far, one for dating at 8 weeks, and one at 12 weeks to screen for any abnormalities (bub is perfect and chances of any chromosomal issues is about 1 in 250,000). Heard babies heart beat at 13 weeks with a doppler at my midwife appt.

Have been disgustingly lucky so far in that I had zero morning sickness, no real symptoms at all really! Even at 15 weeks now the only proof i've got that i'm preggo is that fact that i've seen & heard bub, and my pants are getting tight.

Hanging out to feel the first movement, how far along were you when you felt bub for the first time?
    Mummy of One:
    -- Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013

Dom's future brother/s: Bennett, Ciaran, Elijah, Elliott, Emmett, Finnegan, Grayson, Harrison, Nathaniel, Quentin
    Dom's future sister/s: Aveline, Aven, Calla, Eleanor, Helena, Iris, Noelle, Rosalie, Sadie, Wren