Names Searched Right Now:
Page 22 of 115 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast
    Definitely, the earlier in pregnancy the more dramatic the variation. B-HCG doubles every week of pregnancy at first, then tails off. However, if you have been seeking normal prenatal care and received an ultrasound on your very first visit, the OB should be able to date you fairly accurately. A 5-wk fetus looks very different from a 6-wk fetus from a 7.

Also, not to be Debbie downer, but if your 13- wk bloodwork was normal but your 16-wk bloodwork is not, its probably not BHCG but rather inhibit-A or estriol that is causing the abnormal result.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Thanks, and debbie downer away, I'd prefer honest to sugar coated. Care has been regular, my due date just got moved up by a week between ultrasound at 6 weeks and ultrasound at 13 and if anybody uses LMP, it's 3 weeks off. (Praying for clerical error?)

Ladies who opt out of these: I'm beginning to see the merit in skipping them...I like having all the information, but I can't focus on anything else right now.

Hopefully in a week or two ill be back to thinking names again, love seeing everyone's picks!
    Last edited by lineska; January 29th, 2013 at 03:34 PM.

My LMP is off too, when I 1st went in I should have been 6 weeks but looked like 4. 2nd visit should have been 8 weeks but they told us to go with the 10 week date instead.....kinda thrown off lol I guess next visit we will be sure
    I'm Alix Louise
    Wife to Skyler James since 4/28/12
    Mommy to Daphne Valora since 8/02/13

When we have another
    Boy : Sebastian, Jasper, Edgar
    Girls: Sonia, Matilda

@ mill1020- This pregnancy and the last one, I didn't have terrible nausea which is such a blessing. I do have some though and I usually drink peppermint or ginger tea or suck peppermint and ginger candies (ones with real peppermint and ginger not just food coloring and sugar) and that seems to help. Also I try and eat a protein right before bed and one as soon as I get up. It doesn't always happen with a 15 month old, but when I do my day usually goes better.

@ libbyj06- My husband isn't that fond of discussing names either. We have compromised by agreeing to hold off our name debate until after our first consultation with the midwife. The wait is very hard for me so I've been compiling a long name list to distract myself. Also I have name discussions with my son...yes, it's sad I know. By the way, I love the name Avery for a boy!

@ lineska- I don't do optional testing either. If I had a family history of birth complications, especially the ones that are treatable in the womb, I would seriously consider testing. But as it is, my family has no such history and my previous pregnancy was normal, and even if something did end up being wrong that would not change my husband and my decision to give birth to the baby. I will say though that some foreknowledge can be helpful in preparing yourself and your family if there are complications.
    Mama of two beautiful boys!

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
    So are the children of one’s youth.
    Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them;
    ~Psalm 127:4-5a

Freaking out, I'm a pre-school teacher and we just had a student come down with 5th disease which is a rash caused by parvovirus B19, no ill effects to anyone BUT pregnant women..... it can cause significant damage to a fetus. I'm waiting for my doctor to get in touch just called their office. Anyone know what type of damage? And the likely hood of damage ?
    I'm Alix Louise
    Wife to Skyler James since 4/28/12
    Mommy to Daphne Valora since 8/02/13

When we have another
    Boy : Sebastian, Jasper, Edgar
    Girls: Sonia, Matilda