Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 115 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    I'm not going to say too much to you Darrell, I don't know you, and I've never been raped but it's obvious you do not want the baby for personal reasons. If your heart is set on not being able to accept the baby, I would strongly suggest you start looking at your options for adoption. LOTS of people cannot have babies and not only would they love to have yours, they would feel like they had been granted a miracle. Life can knock us down and hurt us but you can take this bad experience and make something good come from it.

And it doesn't matter what people say about you, it doesn't make it true. You will not be where you are now forever, you will not feel this way forever and someday those people will grow up and learn about life themselves. Some of them will remember what they said to and about you and they will wish they could take it back or apologize to your face. Forgive the pettiness because it's not worth holding on to. It will only poison your spirit. I hope you will find a counselor to lean on, you were just subjected to a deep emotional scarring, but being pregnant will also amplify those feelings with the increased hormones. Don't feel like you have to go through all that by yourself. Chin up, and remember that getting help and figuring out what will be best for both your and your baby is the ONLY thing that matters. <3

Hi everyone,

I just jumped onto this thread! Expecting July 2013! Does anyone know of any pregnancy forums in the NY area? I am hoping to find an apprentice doula for a reasonable price to help deliver, and I don't really know where to start looking. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks
    --Megan

Please vote on my namelist!
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9816174

Hi Megan! I'm sure bump or babycenter have a NYC specific birth board. I'm in Connecticut not too far from you.

I know a friend found her doula through a www.dona.org search. Maybe ask your OB or hospital if they have any local recommendations too? We have a baby expo up here every spring and there are usually at least a couple doulas there to chat and answer questions.

1st Ob appointment was today! Went really well saw baby and heard the heart beat =) They ending up not doing the vaginal ultrasound after a try because my uterus is tilted way up and did a normal one instead (yay). I really liked the doctor she was pretty funny but also down to business. She decided to go back to the original due date so going by that I am 10 weeks and 3 days and the due date is August 5th. I still think it will be the week after but we will see =)
    I'm Alix Louise
    Wife to Skyler James since 4/28/12
    Mommy to Daphne Valora since 8/02/13

When we have another
    Boy : Sebastian, Jasper, Edgar
    Girls: Sonia, Matilda

THANKS lineska! I was able to find the New York Baby Show coming in May. It looks like a lot of interesting speakers will be there, including Dr. Karp of the Happiest Baby on the Block. I also found www.mommybites.com, an entire website just for new moms in the NYC area. Thanks again!
    --Megan

Please vote on my namelist!
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9816174