Names Searched Right Now:
Page 52 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
    well I haven't posted on this thread yet but I am 7 weeks along. Had some bleeding on Wednesday and a rough 24 hours fearful that we were losing this little bean but had an ultrasound at the Dr. on Thursday and found a heartbeat and dated me due November 23.

I know this probably isn't for everyone but to Velvetcrush: after my first miscarriage during my second pregnancy (with DD) I rented a fetal heart monitor (there are lots of sites-I used one called babybeats.com). It was 25 bucks a month, free shipping back to them, came with a tube of us gel and the whole 9 yards. I kept if for a month- from 8 weeks (the first time I ever used it and found DD's heartbeat) until 12 weeks, when I was able to relax and feel fairly certain that she was going to be just fine (and she was!). I listened to her heartbeat every day at first. Then just every once in a while when I would have a panicked moment thinking "Oh no! I feel normal, my boobs don't hurt, I haven't been nauseous all day! Oh my gosh oh my gosh ohmygosh!". Then I would go and listen to her heartbeat and I could move on with my day (or get a good nights sleep).

DH loved having access to her heartbeat, the first time we ever heard it he was the one who found her in my belly (I couldn't wait for my 9 week appointment). He wants to get one again this time. For me, now that I have seen the heartbeat on the us and considering that I have thrown up at least once every day for the last week- I don't think I need it, this time. But the bleeding really shook me up, so I may change my mind.

Anyway- just a thought (not affiliated with this company in any way, there are lots of others that I am sure are great) this was how I coped with my first trimester after a loss. People (like my mom) thought it was crazy, but I never apologized for needing that extra bit of reassurance. Also I am sure that there is probably some evidence that the babies don't like the waves from the doppler (they do seem to run away from it) but I just figured a few seconds of discomfort from a doppler is better for my baby than an extra 4 weeks of off the charts stress hormones/sleepless nights/fear of exercising/general panic.
    Last edited by rosebyanyothername; April 6th, 2013 at 02:31 AM.
    Mama to little Ramona Mae 3/2011 and Sylvie Joy born 11/2013

Thanks lineska and rosebyanyothername - all are very good tips for trying to chill out a bit!

And congrats to joyfulmumto8 and rosebyanyotherbame, it looks like we are all due within days of each other.

velvetcrush - I am doing the same thing - I thought I saw a tinge of blood yesterday and I freaked out!
    I just keep saying positive things to myself in my head. I haven't had morning sickness per se, but I have had a bit of nausea some days, but some days I don't and I worry.
    One day last weekend I felt like I was coming down with the flu and stayed in bed most of the day. Do you have any symptoms at all? Sore boobs? Extra tired? Anything? Some people just don't have symptoms though.
    Have you had blood work done? My Hcg levels were a bit low the first time - 400 something, so I had to go again. A week later they were up to 4000 something! We were so relieved! That was a happy day.
    I hope your scan on Monday goes well! I have an appt on Monday as well and she will probably order an ultrasound. It is all so scary right now. I want to fast forward to my second tri-mester so I can tell people and be happy, not worrying all the time.
    Last edited by niteowl13; April 7th, 2013 at 10:48 AM.

Congrats to joyfulmum and rose!

niteowl - my sister had early spotting with both her pregnancies, and has two healthy kids so it really could be nothing! In terms of symptoms, I actually have most of them and morning sicknesses kicked in with a vengance today. I've never been to glad to be nauseous. No blood work done yet, the clinic simply gave me a HPT and tomorrow is my first time seeing a nurse. I'm not sure if they will check my hCG levels or just do a scan. In any event, I'm wishing you the best of luck on the health of your little bean!