Names Searched Right Now:
Page 43 of 115 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast
    @lineska that had me laughing so hard my husband came running in the room to make sure I wasn't dying! Ok does anyone else have cats? We currently have 6....yes I know 6, however, 2 are kittens we are trying to find homes for. Recently we have had litter box issues and we think it is related to the big changes happening with us doing lots of house projects the most recent and ongoing one being tearing up our carpet. I'm wondering if they are reacting so badly to this how are they going to act in 5 months with a baby? We have made changes to litter, food and more litter boxes and so far that is seeming to help but the problem hasn't stopped yet. So any body bring home a baby and have their cats go haywire? We have 2 dogs too, but aren't too concerned they have been around babies quite a bit with my cousins kids
    I'm Alix Louise
    Wife to Skyler James since 4/28/12
    Mommy to Daphne Valora since 8/02/13

When we have another
    Boy : Sebastian, Jasper, Edgar
    Girls: Sonia, Matilda

Well, I went for my 20week scan yesterday, but baby was not at all cooperative and was in a very awkward position and tightly curled up. They weren't able to check everything they needed to so I'm booked to go in again in 2 weeks. We did get a DVD of the scan, but because of baby's position its a bit hard to tell what you're looking at!
    So a bit of a disappointing appointment really. Hoping baby will be in a better position next time...2 weeks seems a long time to have to wait!

@alfiejoe: We just have the one cat, and while she was not very impressed when we brought Leo home, it didn't seem to put her too out of sorts. She did have to investigate every piece of baby equipment we bought; pushchair, bassinet, change table, cot, baby rocker etc, by having a little sleep in them. But she never ever tried to get into his bassinet/cot while he was sleeping, which was one of our concerns going into it. We don't have a litter tray as she goes outside, but she didn't have any accidents in the house at all.
    Leo Sebastian l Ronan Alexander

current loves
    Felix l Ché l Omri l Fern l Celia l Orla

We are incredibly blessed to live in places where we have options. Say what you will about how invasive and evil big bad Western medicine is, if I am able to conceive it will be because of Western medicine. If I am able to give birth safely it will probably be because of Western medicine.
    I totally agree!!! Everyone has a choice. I choose a hospital. I'm a firm believer in Murphy's law... and always be prepared.
    Western medicine helped me conceive my babies. And it helped me deliver. Without it, my son and I would have died - my body is not structurally set up to have a natural delivery. and no one figured it out before I got pregnant. I will forever be grateful for Western medicine. And the the Western philosophy of Free Choice - so all my friends can have their babies their way.
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~

on another note... I hit 8 weeks-ish tomorrow. Our ultrasound in on Friday. I was forced to tell 2 extended family members yesterday.
    but the funniest thing happened this afternoon. I was in our shop (I work at a Custom Architectural Millwork company) and one of the guys opened a cabinet full of PVC banding. The plastic smell was so overwhelming that I made a noise and a face as I tried to get away. It was harsh. And the guy that I was working with goes, "You must have a great sense of smell!" And I said that I do. And he goes, "Are you pregnant again?" And I just said yes. I couldn't think of a reason to hide it. He was very excited and happy. But it's funny that he guessed. And the "again" part... I've only worked here over a year. My son is 4-1/2... I've never been pregnant here. Again? It was a funny way to phrase something that's new to this employer. This company has never had a pregnant employee. Ever. Only Dads. So... I'm weary to say anything, but probably will start once I have everything confirmed on Friday.
    That and my Mom is begging to be able to tell her friends.
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~

@grecianern, the smell thing is hard to hide! I was visiting my parents way before we planned to share the news, my father and I are both big coffee people and he stuck a bag of STRONG coffee beans under my nose to smell. I just about threw up in the bag, it was so awful, but somehow we played it off. (This was at the same time that I couldn't wear mascara because it smelled so bad!)

@rin, that is disappointing! At least you'll get to see your little one again soon (and hopefully he or she decides to cooperate this time!)

No cats here, just a little dog who I'm expecting will be very nice, if terribly terribly jealous, with his little sister.